2nd interview. What to expect?

hearttopieces

Just wondering, has anyone had a 2nd interview before?

I never had one myself and have no idea what to expect. Being nervous here as the 1st interview lasted for an hour! My experience and skills were discussed in great detail, I just do not know what else they could possibly ask. Please share your 2nd interview experiences. :o

In my experience 2nd interviews can be slightly redundant in that you may be asked a lot of the same questions, but usually you meet more members of management. You may be given scenarios and asked how you would handle them or given an actual task to complete. Sometimes you're there to shadow other employees briefly to see what the job is like. This is also usually when things like salary, benefits, hours, etc are discussed in more detail. I'd say prepare just as you would for a first interview, but if you have any questions/clarifications that weren't addressed the first time then this is the opportunity to bring them up.

• Like 1

Expectations of the second interview

1. Meet other staff members like Director/head boss

2. Request for References

3. Shown where you will be sitting if it really goes well

Most of the time, this means you are already in the door, but one more person wants to talk to you before they decide, a second stamp of approval. The first interviewer would not have asked you back if he/she didn't think you would most likely win over the second interviewer.

Good luck!

Most of the time, this means you are already in the door, but one more person wants to talk to you before they decide, a second stamp of approval. The first interviewer would not have asked you back if he/she didn't think you would most likely win over the second interviewer.

Good luck!

Yup, after my 2nd interview I had a offer right after the references were complete