Hi everyone,

I submitted resume to a companny for administrative assistant....two days later get email saying I'm not gonna get that job but they want to consider me for other roles. So I say yes, then they send me a job unrelated to admit but paying way more. I shoot that down and within an hour they send me a program coordinator job which has some administrative work and pays a bit more.

That was last week. While waiting to hear back on that the recruiter emails me again asking should he still submit me for other roles. I took that to mean I wasn't getting the second job and said yes. I was really excited that the recruiter seems so keen to get me hired and that all the jobs pay well ( high 40 - 60k).

So this more no I get this email from the recruiter:

Hi,

Recruiter here. Read the following and then let me know ASAP if you're interested. This could be the difference between landing your dream job or not. Just FYI, I've only sent this email to a small handful of candidates, including yourself.

OK, so let's say you're interested in working at Apple Corporate. Who wouldn't be, right?

Instead of submitting a job application through their careers portal (like most job seekers do) and then hoping for the best... imagine if you could send your resume directly to the personal inbox of Stacey Smith - the director of Human Resources at Apple. Do you think this would give you an edge over other candidates? Of course it would.

But only if Stacey was expecting your resume. Otherwise, he'd probably just ignore it. You wouldn't want to just spam him unannounced.

Well, here's the good news: I've worked out a deal with 36 top employers (currently hiring in [my city] where I'll receive a bounty if a qualified candidate I refer gets hired. Long story short, - I've shortlisted you as a qualified candidate for these employers. I'm talking about employers like Apple, Nike, Salesforce.com, Disney, Microsoft, Pepsi, etc.

What this means for you is: Although I can't give you the personal email addresses of these HR managers, I can send your resume to them on your behalf. And this accomplishes two important things...

1. You get to be referred by someone these HR managers know (me) and are expecting to hear from.

2. Your resume won't get filtered out of the system since it'll be sent directly to their personal inbox.

So with that being said, - I'm offering to send your resume (along with any job preferences you may have) to 36 top employers who are currently hiring in [my city]. No charge (just your input on a survey I'm conducting). After all, how could you put a price tag on this, right? It's priceless! Anyway, is that something you'd like me to do for you?

If so, then reply back to this email with the following information:

your most up-to-date resume (attach it to this email)

desired industry / position(s) / employer(s)

desired compensation

desired location(s)

Here's the list of employers I will be sending your CV to:

BTW, I've tried this once before and it resulted in some great hires. I'm really interested to see what kind of results you might get as well. :)

Either way, let me know what you want me to do - I'll be waiting for your response.

Took out my name recruiters name and city for anonymity.....but this sounds totally salesy right? And I don't get the catch. I feel like I'm being hustled, especially since there's been no offers or interviews. Also I can't find anything on this company online.

Any ideas what's going on? I want to believe it's real bu this guy seems too keen to send my resume out out....

cat to be kitten me

Wait, is the recruiter from an outside company or do they work for the company you initially applied to? Either way the email is too braggy/salesy to me.

• Like 3

It's a staffing agency. I get these all the time even when I'm not in the market. He sounds pushy because he'll get a commission if you get hired for one of their clients. So in other words, he's trying to make a sale. Doesn't sound sketchy or anything, just a bit forward and pushy. Give it a shot.

• Author

Thank you.

I've never seen a recruiter use this approach and have never heard of the agency so it really worried me. I thought they were doing something sketchywith my resume lol. Glad to hear other people have seen this kind of thing before.

• Like 1
Thank you.

I've never seen a recruiter use this approach and have never heard of the agency so it really worried me. I thought they were doing something sketchywith my resume lol. Glad to hear other people have seen this kind of thing before.

Google can be helpful. :p