Would this make anyone else nervous at 4pm on a Friday?

You are at your desk and all of a sudden your supervisor calls you and ask you to come to her office. When you get to the office the door is shut

So you can see why I was having an anxiety attack lol So as I walked in the office I was hoping she would not say...."shut the door" She never did and just wanted to let me know I got the opportunity to work overtime next week

But leading up to that point it just felt and looked so bad, would anyone had been nervous?

BTW: If it was a Monday I would not have been nervous.

You are at your desk and all of a sudden your supervisor calls you and ask you to come to her office. When you get to the office the door is shut

So you can see why I was having an anxiety attack lol So as I walked in the office I was hoping she would not say...."shut the door" She never did and just wanted to let me know I got the opportunity to work overtime next week

But leading up to that point it just felt and looked so bad, would anyone had been nervous?

BTW: If it was a Monday I would not have been nervous.

No. A closed office door when you approach (to me) is normal. I'd be much more nervous if she had said "Close the door and come sit down..."

• Like 1
  • Author
No. A closed office door when you approach (to me) is normal. I'd be much more nervous if she had said "Close the door and come sit down..."

Im talking about before I walked in and the office door was closed, I wasn't sure once I walked in if she was going to say, "you can close it"

lol

I agree, due to past experiences I am ALWAYS nervous when I get called in. However, I don't blame you for being nervous, because I was let go suddenly on a Friday morning, right when I got in. They had my last check in hand and everything. However, I did have a boss that would constantly call me into the office for anything and everything...all because he was too lazy to walk 12 feet to my desk. :rolleyes:

• Author
I agree, due to past experiences I am ALWAYS nervous when I get called in. However, I don't blame you for being nervous, because I was let go suddenly on a Friday morning, right when I got in. They had my last check in hand and everything. However, I did have a boss that would constantly call me into the office for anything and everything...all because he was too lazy to walk 12 feet to my desk. :rolleyes:

Yeah I was like......"what is this all about? So I was shaky but was going to deal with it like a man. Just glad it had something to do with money

Sorry to hear what happened to you

• Like 1
Yeah I was like......"what is this all about? So I was shaky but was going to deal with it like a man. Just glad it had something to do with money

Sorry to hear what happened to you

Yeah, terminations always seem to happen first thing in the morning. My ride was halfway home and had to come back and pick me up. End of day would have been more convenient, but I guess there is no reason to hesitate keeping someone once they know that they are letting you go.

• Author
Yeah, terminations always seem to happen first thing in the morning. My ride was halfway home and had to come back and pick me up. End of day would have been more convenient, but I guess there is no reason to hesitate keeping someone once they know that they are letting you go.

It's going to take 2 to 3 more years for that layoff anxiety to leave my system.