Troubles as a Newbie at the workplace.

I just started at a new job - thank god I finally found one. Im making a whole 2 bucks more than I used to, and now I wont be eating Ramen Noodles for dinner anymore, yay.

My problem is...everyone at my job, just about - is so complacent! Its like they all hate it there!...and frankly. its kind of creeping me out. Maybe they're just trying to scare me off, so that they'll have more job security or something? I work in retail, so the turnover is kind of high. One of my first days at the place, I overhear a co-worker groan "yay another day in hell" or something like that, and Im thinking wow...what did I get myself into?? Turns out one of my managers is extremely rude (although I havent personally experienced his wrath yet)- maybe that happens once the new-ness wears off? - and I'm warned, to stand my ground, and not let him walk all over me, by a different co worker. Im starting to think maybe this job isnt as great as I thought it would be- but hey im very thankful I have "A" job, period...and I really need the money so switching jobs isnt an option at all- there's very slim pickings out here.

Has anyone experienced this kind of thing, coming to a new job?

I my last job was horrible. For the first 2 months I worked there it was like hell. The managers were really mean, and so where the coworkers. The thing is if you can stick it out (I would) then you should be good to go. I would stay there though. This would depend on what kind of job it is though? I would tuff it out. Your the newbie and they r going to rag on you. I been there. Then when I left the place I left with good friends that I will never forget and a send off party. So, let the people get to know you.