I have my 90 day review coming up on Friday . I am very nervous because I do not know what to expect. It also kind of worries me that 2 out of 3 people that were hired a few months before me never had one but I am. Should I take that as a bad sign or does this just sometimes happen.

Your employer is just going to go over your performance to date, and discuss things (if applicable) that need to be improved on by you. It's your chance to ask questions if you're having trouble with the job, and they will give you feedback on what you're doing well, perhaps some shifting of the job responsibilities. 90 days is basically the "trial period." It's true that after 90 days people can get let go, but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.

• Like 1
Your employer is just going to go over your performance to date, and discuss things (if applicable) that need to be improved on by you. It's your chance to ask questions if you're having trouble with the job, and they will give you feedback on what you're doing well, perhaps some shifting of the job responsibilities. 90 days is basically the "trial period." It's true that after 90 days people can get let go, but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.

This. If you made it to your review, most likely you are performing well. I had a job that fired me at my 90th day, so I can understand your paranoia. Most jobs usually do let you go sooner if it really isn't working out.

A probationary review is for you and for your employer.

Do you like your job, is it what was sold to you?

If not then this is your chance to extend your probationary period if you want to.

It's also their chance to do that if they want to.

It goes both ways.

• Author
Don't worry about that. Sounds like a regular thing and the fact that some other employees were not invited probably means nothing. Relax ;)

I am trying to not worry about it, but since this is my first real job that actually does 90 day evaluations I am freaked out. I keep wondering why I am getting one and others didn't.