down hearted

So i just started to work at this new job which i do enjoy but it gets more and more difficult by the minute. There are a lot of cliques and ofcourse i am the outcast since i am new which i really don't care much about because i am just happy to have a job and don't care much about everything else. In my past job however, there were cliques but they were harmless and everyone really did get along and looked out for each other it was just so different. Here its the complete opposite everyone is out to get you.

For instance, they constantly email stab you in the back, meaning without you noticing emails are sent to supervisors complaining about you ect. Its dangerous territory and i find it very difficult to function since there is always that fear of loosing your job. I just deal with it by not commenting on anything, doing my job, and going home later. But it does get hard and it honestly gets difficult. Because for the dumbest and smallest things they want to already write you up.

I honestly have no desire to socialize with these people.

any thoughts on how to deal with work cliques? We have so many people in our department yet its such a small department in the end. And when one has it in for you, o brace yourself it will be a long ride until you quit your job, is that bad. Its not even the actual job itself its the people. I really need this job for at least 3 years...

i don't even know how to behave anymore i feel uncomfortable. Have you ever dealt with any cliques at work? any advice?

• Like 1

I can recall one case of folks ostracizing two individuals, who was indeed not a good worker... That does not apply.

It is difficult to assess your work environment, i.e. ages? industry?, etc? but, if you invite one of them to lunch, by himself (same gender person he/she, etc), and chat him up about whatever, that might bring the wolves to submission. A willingness to face adversity is often more effective than how you face it.

The target will end up uncomfortable at first, but after you chat him up innocently without giving him a rough time, I feel that you will win this. Good luck.

I wouldn't invite one of them to lunch. Start small -- buy a box of doughnuts and put it in the kitchen pantry in the morning or get a big flat of cookies at the supermarket and put it out around 3:30 when people are getting tired and hungry.

whichwayisup
For instance, they constantly email stab you in the back, meaning without you noticing emails are sent to supervisors complaining about you ect.

Has your boss spoken to you about any complaints? If not, then just continue to work hard. Keep your head down and do your job. Don't give them any spark to fuel their fire(s).

Have to say, those who are doing the emailing must feel threatened by you or they are worried about their own job performances and that's why they're trying to set you up for a fall. They are very immature and unprofessional, seems like a toxic atmosphere at your work office!

You could quietly just go and see what else is out there in work field that you're in, never know an excellent opportunity could be around the corner.

My new job is fairly cliquey. However, everyone is nice and no issues with anyone. I would just do your job and b we friendly, but try not to get too close to anyone if you can't trust them. You're there to work, not socialize.

• Like 1