worried about quitting my first job!!Need immediate responce

Im quitting my first job at a pizza place. Its all girls and some of them tell the manager that im doing badly when shes not not there. Of course my manager agrees with them becuz they're all good friends and its not fair becuz shes judging me on other ppl opinions! Shes blaming me for almost everything . Then theres some other this girl to talk to me about a large list of things that are a problem ( my manager asked her to). The girl who talked to me told me only a few of the things becuz she doesnt think they apply to me and those things arent really a problem becuz my managers not there to see it) and she was being really nice about everything. My manager told her to tell me she doesnt feel like Im very dedicated (becuz I asked to work only friday or saturday not both so I could have at least one night out since I go to school the rest of the week and am doing homework on sundays. My manager says there is all these 14 year old girls who will do whatever she wants work every day in the week and kiss her ass and do whatever she wants... and so she thinks well Why shudn't I hire them ..when I got emily(me) who only wants to come in when she feels like it. I tihnk its unreasonable so I quit, Well I tried to. See this is where the hard part comes in. My boss has been sick so she hasn't been in at all this past week. I dropped off a note in the office for her yesterday that says Im quitting. But she might not be in for like a week. and while i was in there I sed i just had a note for my manager thats it. They asked if it was about this week, and i sed no... even though it kinda was ... see.. i didnt want everyone to make a big deal and ask me y i was quitting etc. So thats y i sed that. so i went in the office and dropped it off. then one of the other girls working there yelled out to me "the schedule for this week is up if you want to take a look at it. So i did and it says im in tommorow. but what if my manager doesnt get my letter in time. The letter has her name on it so no one else will open it. Then everyone will be mad because i didnt show up and i also didnt tell anyone i was quitting so they'll have no time to call someone else to come in and take my shifts for that week. I liked alot of those girls there and i dont want everybody talking about me and saying how i shouldnt of just not told anyone about quitting. I dont want them to think im stupid or anything. i also dont want my manager calling back to bitch at me. What do I do? Should I just not show up... or... im really scared to call i dont want to have to tell someone im quitting and i dont want them asking me why i just didnt tell them i was when i was in before... i need advice very badly...!

technically you shoud be nice and give your employer notice that you plan to leave and work for the period stated. If you signed a contract it might have stated that you have to work 1 or 2 weeks after you notify them.

My first job that I left it was 2 weeks for every year you worked, so I had to work for a full month after I told them. Once you tell them your leaving they might hastle while you do your remaining shifts. Dont take any crap from anyone, if they do give you crap then inform whoever is in charge. If they don't care then I'd say its fair for you to just walk out.

• Author

i never thought of that what if there is a contract? If I signed it do I have to stay? There was alot of stuff on the contract that I didnt read... cuz liek she put it in front of my face and made me sign it quickly.. i dunno whats on it... oh yea ant theres different people in charge every night like my manager just has some of the regular ppl who work there out in charge... I mean shes not there often so other ppl are in chardge other tims anyways.

Im quitting my first job at a pizza place. ......................Shes blaming me for almost everything

<<<<<<<<<SIGH>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Take a few deep breaths Emily5!!!!!!!!!

They'll VERY LIKELY be able to find someone else to put 12 pepparoni slices on the small pizza, 16 pepparoni slices on the medium, and 24 pepparoni slices on the large without having to close shop for to many minutes. I doubt the lawyers will emerge from the woodwork to hunt you down and chain you to the pizza oven.

There is no doubt in my mind that unless you're posting from Outer Mongolia better opportunities will be offered regardless of this deep dark tomato sauce stain on an otherwise spotless employment record.

Good Luck,

Nosmas

Well if you dont work out the remainder of your time they might not give you a reference when your looking for a job elsewhere. You should have got a copy of the contract when you started work. I'd continue to work for the next week until you know she's got the note. If you can't bare to work there then dont bother.