Prescreening process

This may be a general question, but what does one do or can expect from a pre-screening 15-minute call with a recruitment coordinator? More importantly, how can I sound personable with a recruiter at a firm that values relationships and personality?

I'm talking about working with a large firm (Big 4 accounting firm). I'm a bit nervous, but I feel it might just be like meeting with a recruiter at an information session.

I have had previous interviews with the Big 4, but they were interviews with managers, not something like this.

I plan on dressing up as if it were a real interview-- we used to do this for phone interviews at school to make us feel confident and put candidates in the right mindset.

Pre-screenings are usually just very basic questions about your qualifications/experience and them telling you about the company. It's basically for any preliminary questions they may have before they decide to bring you in for a formal interview.

• Author
Pre-screenings are usually just very basic questions about your qualifications/experience and them telling you about the company. It's basically for any preliminary questions they may have before they decide to bring you in for a formal interview.

I think it went ok. You were right about the prelim questions; it turns out some of the questions were already answered in the online application and in my resume itself. No technical details were asked.

I tried to ask about her a bit at the beginning. Been practicing that sexy flirt voice which is oddly... professional and confident at the same time.

• Like 2