I set up a sales lunch and the dude thought it was a date!

OMG I just got back from a sales call I was very excited about with a doctor. I talked to him last week about EIA's and I said I would take him to lunch so we could discuss that and some accounting for his new business..

Durring the lunch he kept looking into my eyes smiling ( so I am thinking ok perv just sign here!) at the end of the lunch he gave me a hug and said next time we meet I would like to go somewhere more intimate! ( HUH it was a lunch meeting HELLO and I friggin paid!) i SAID " What do you mean" and he said " I thought this was a date, you asked me to lunch and all you did was talk about business, I would like to get to know you better" all I said was " I am glad I made a new friend today"

do you think I should have just told him he got the wrong impression.... I honestly didn't lead him on PLUS he's married!!

Did he at least pay for the meal then? :lmao: Oh, no, I see he didn't. F*cking cheapskate! :laugh:

I guess it was those hynotically swaying tits, Heather.

• Author

LOL nope I paid because I was SELLING something... I actually hid the cleavage today thank you :D ( but I showed alot of leg) LOL kidding

• Author

OOPs I didn't refill my head with air today!!!

I really don't want to lose this sale.... you think I should tell him our relationship is strickly professional?

Guys like that customer of yours make me sick! I say get back on the sucker. Have another date, make him sign, order something really expensive and let him pay! LOOL, just fantasising !!!

Who needs such "business partenrs"? I think that no matter how you were dressed or looked, the guy would have still tried to make a come on! Sorry about your money. Life sucks sometimes. My best advice - and I'm sticking to it is not to bother to call the guy again. Count your losses. If he calls, ask him to come to the office and continue the business talk(which should make him get the picture). Private time with you is precious and not to be waisted on jerks !

:laugh: @ LAMO

:confused: Tell him he's got you figured out all wrong. Freakin weirdo. Tell him to take his wife out. :mad:

OOPs I didn't refill my head with air today!!!

OMG don't you hate when that happens?

LOL...get him to sign then kick his ass..lol jk I would get him to sign though and order me a pizza u know lol

bluechocolate

If he really thought he was on a date my guess is he would have paid.

Your response " I am glad I made a new friend today" was very classy & spot on.

I think you can make it clear to him that your relationship is strictly professional without having to come right out & say it. Just keep him at arms length & hands off & smile sweetly while you do it.

How bad do you want this sale? You can have it, I'm sure. You're a damn smart attractive woman, there are more than one ways to make him sign. But I doubt you'll be able to close this deal with your pride and dignaty intact. But then there's the saying:"that who laughs last, laughs best." Your call :p

I mean, think: maybe he's pulling your string...? As far as I know, at least at the first date (here in Europe), guys pay for the first date. It just doesn't make too much sense.

He was just being a twerp. The lunch was clearly a sales meeting to discuss EIA's (whatever those are) and business accounting. stoneheather, you did exactly the right thing. If he gets inappropriate, ignore it as long as you can, while getting frostier and more "businesslike". If he says or does something that CANNOT be overlooked, let him have it, however you prefer. You do not need sales volume that badly, I am sure.

I would have rammed a fork into his head, after ensuring my meal was paid for. That, or possibly have said, "Ha ha ha! Trapped! I was hired by your wife, you moron! Buy what I'm pitching or you'll be slaving in the kitchen!" (Assuming this type of guy probably never lends a hand with cooking meals.)

I wouldn't spend any more money on this client - one more followup meeting, preferably at his office - if he doesn't sign or tries to get another 'date', cut your losses.

What a creep.