How can I tell my co worker to back off?

I work in Nursing Home caring for elderly women and I love my job. However, there is this girl that's is always on my case .She is obviously a high maintenance women since she always put effort into her appearance by wearing make up and wear nice close etc which is her business.

However,i am the opposite. I don't really to much effort into my appearance .I will make sure I look presentable for work and take a shower ofcourse but I don't wear make up or go exra mile to look sexy at work if you know what I mean.I just don't care

Now the problem is this girl is always on my case telling me that I am beautiful and young and I shouldn't so rough on myself and try to look good. She always criticize me on how my hair is on that day and last time she got on my case because the purse that I had was old and worn out so she was like with all the money you make ,why have a purse like that etc. When she sees me she looks at me up and down and always have something to say.

Its starting to get on my nerves and I am million seconds to snap. We are not even friends outside work so I don't know why she cares. I am there to work and not to get anyone approval or attract anyone so how can I tell her to back off and mind her own business without coming off as rude?

First of all, just because someone wears make-up and nice clothes doesn't automatically make them "high maintenance". I try to look my best by wearing make-up and work appropriate clothing to work, but I don't sport Gucci or Prada bags and I don't consider myself high maintenance. However, from the way she acts, she sounds a bit high maintenance... with the insinuations that you should have fancy belongings and clothes. You can simply tell her that her bringing up your appearance is making you uncomfortable.

• Like 2

Just tell her you go to work to work and as long as you look professional for the role that is all that matters for you.

I wear make up every day..it's my choice to, I have to admit it's not high glam, very neutral and natural and I hate hate hate lipstick on myself so just wear lip balm for protection from the elements.

I have long curly hair...I only discovered how it likes to be treated in the past couple of years.

I walk to work each day with wet hair...really wet hair. :)

I don't need to style it, blow drying makes it frizz and makes it dry. Straightening fries it so I do neither.

Funnily enough most people who don't know me and have only seen my hair when it's dry think it's high maintenance hair and takes a lot of effort and expense..

They have no idea how little I actually do with it! :laugh:

• Like 2