Did I make a huge mistake?

I had my first casting assistant job today with a new casting director and I think I did something really stupid. I had an intern assisting me at an audition. We were there alone with the casting director's client. I was running the audition. I had worked with this intern last week and we had become friends. We were texting a lot during the week and sharing a lot of personal info. When I got to the studio I realized that I had completely forgotten to bring tampons which was disastrous since today is my heaviest flow (sorry if TMI). I was stuck because I couldn't leave the studio since the client would be there. After asking a couple of female receptionists if they had any on them to no avail, I texted the intern in my desperation. She was on her way and I asked her if she had any on her or would mind doing me a huge favor and picking some up at the Duane Reade by the subway stop (which was on her way). She agreed and I thanked her profusely when she arrived and paid her back. I felt bad about asking but the fact that we had become so friendly made me think she would understand.

The rest of the day seemed to go well. I was really nice to her and kept thanking her for her work. After we parted at the end, I sent her a friendly text and she never responded. Then I sent her a follow up text about something else and she didn't respond to that either. I think it's likely she's ignoring my texts because she is usually fast to respond and texts me a ton.

Now I'm really worried that she hates me because of the tampon thing, and that she may complain to the casting director about it. (She seems like the type who might.) Ugh.

I don't know what I could have done because I'm not supposed to leave the studio (the client would have definitely complained to the casting director), especially when the day is just starting and actors are streaming in.

Did I really screw things up here? :(

SycamoreCircle

It sounds like more of a faux pas than anything else. I mean interns expect or should expect to be treated as second class citizens. Still the idea that one day you're buddy buddy with her and the next asking her to pick up your personal hygiene product is kind of...indelicate, I think.

Will she say something to the director? Probably not.

My advice, try to limit your requests to strictly work related requests.

so I was imagining things. Her phone was dead and she's back to being friendly.

I need to relax...Ha.

You really do..

I'd also maybe suggest not getting so close to people at work. I know it's sometimes hard not to, but texting each other a lot outside of work blurs the boundaries which isn't ideal.

Sure, be friends, but don't get so invested that you're going to worry if they don't respond to texts within a couple of hours.

Just something to keep in mind.

• Like 4
SycamoreCircle
so I was imagining things. Her phone was dead and she's back to being friendly.

I need to relax...Ha.

You need to "go with the flow." ;-)

Glad to her it was just her phone died.

It might be a nice gesture to surprise her with her favorite coffee in the morning and a "thanks again for understanding and helping me when I was in a tough spot".

It's what I would do.

Also I think that she probably understood. I don't think I know of a woman who at least a small part sympathize (and say a silent thank you it wasn't us!)

That said - I also strongly second the advice to never to divulge too much personal info at work

• Like 1
You really do..

I'd also maybe suggest not getting so close to people at work. I know it's sometimes hard not to, but texting each other a lot outside of work blurs the boundaries which isn't ideal.

Sure, be friends, but don't get so invested that you're going to worry if they don't respond to texts within a couple of hours.

Just something to keep in mind.

Yep.

Also, if you have a personal space at work (drawers, locker, etc), you can always store a bunch of tampons in there as long as you're discreet and put them in a bag.

Or use BC pills. Even if you're not having sex, it's worth it just for the periods alone IMO.

• Like 2

I'm on the shot, so I haven't had a period in months, but I usually have a tampon or two on me just in case and it has come in handy for me or someone else.