Looking for office job in London - any good temp agencies?

boilingpoint

I'm staying with my folks at the moment and having trouble getting a job to move out. My job hunting skills are somewhat suspect. I have a 2 page CV and can write a cover letter though.

I've been odd jobbing here and there this year, no 9-5 for about 10 months now. I'm working to set up a freelance videography career but it's taking a while.

I want to be looking for a temp office job in London for now (bare minimum £10p/h).

Anyone know of any good agencies to try out?

I have experience in telesales, some data entry, some good IT skills etc but my CV is mostly freelance media/tv experience that I've accrued since graduation, which looks interesting but probably won't help me get me anything more than an entry level position somewhere.

• Like 1

I want to be looking for a temp office job in London for now (bare minimum £10p/h).

In London you need to be earning more than that if you want to get out of your parents house. Minimum £20ph...

Can you not try and use your talents in another direction. You say media and videography what about doing wedding videos? Go to wedding fairs and take some cards with you and try to drum up some business that way too?

How about contacting photographers and people who already have businesses direct and asking if you can do some work for them as well?

In London you need to be earning more than that if you want to get out of your parents house. Minimum £20ph...

Can you not try and use your talents in another direction. You say media and videography what about doing wedding videos? Go to wedding fairs and take some cards with you and try to drum up some business that way too?

How about contacting photographers and people who already have businesses direct and asking if you can do some work for them as well?

£20 an hour is £40k. For entry level admin and data entry, even half that is pushing it.

The OP can move out of her parents house on £10 per hour. House/flat shares can be found for around £500 PCM.

• Like 1
£20 an hour is £40k. For entry level admin and data entry, even half that is pushing it.

The OP can move out of her parents house on £10 per hour. House/flat shares can be found for around £500 PCM.

in that case I am moving to London as its cheap than where I am...

(His parents house)

BP personally I think you need to get out of London all together but that is a personal opinion from someone who doesn't like the place anyway and thinks all Londoners should get out!

• Author

Yep. Been doing weddings - the money isn't all that. Gonna work for some production companies on a freelance basis but wanna move out ASAP so will apply for office jobs too.

(His parents house)

BP personally I think you need to get out of London all together but that is a personal opinion from someone who doesn't like the place anyway and thinks all Londoners should get out!

Ok... Why? Move where? How is London worse than any other big city?

Yeah, might have to go for the flat share route, although we'll see... Gonna apply for some IT support roles since I've got experience working in post production in TV and stuff.

Might get to £15 an hour with that....

Thanks for the help by the way.

Londoner here, best city in the world. (Just my opinion)

(His parents house)

London is a city of flat sharers, I wouldn't see that as a bad option. Very few people under 30 rent alone. Its only as a couple that we're able to.

I assume you're probably in your 20s. I wouldn't expect to earn much more than £18k at your age and experience level, but that's enough to move out. Anything more than £25k is very unrealistic.

• Like 1