I have a job, so this interview isn't extremely important. But, I'd like to do well and maybe get an offer. They have set up a Skype video interview. Never done one before. Have only used Skype with friends/family and they don't care about quality, etc. Any tips from people who have done these? I am mostly concerned with setting, possibly cutting out, and maybe what colors come across well? Tips from those who had success? Thanks.

Pretty normal. I interview people over Skype. Just make sure you are dressed properly, look the best you can etc... Obviously don`t take the call in the bathroom while your attending to everyday functions.

• Like 2

I have never heard of a skype or video job interview. I've been off the grid that way I guess. Haydn, do you skype for all interviews or just LD interviews so as not to have to pay lodging expenses? So curoius?*

LD interviews mainly. If someone is in the London area then no. I know it was a kind of screening idea originally but now not so. I can talk to someone for 2 to 3 hours. Sometimes there will be others in the call. It is usually followed up by an invite and then we know usually that we want that person. In my industry `fashion`, (Broad term) it is used a lot.

I have never heard of a skype or video job interview. I've been off the grid that way I guess. Haydn, do you skype for all interviews or just LD interviews so as not to have to pay lodging expenses? So curoius?*

Too cool. Thanks* Do you ever find any disconnect from the skype interview to a personal meeting? It may help OP know specifically what you look for and 'notice' when video interviewing.

Have you actually noticed the background and thought "uh oh, probably don't want that guy "? Etc...

Had one or two who had terrible colds. Head to toe in blankets. Told them to take a Lemsip and that it could wait but they pushed on......

Had someone we really wanted and after 2 calls they came over from Germany. It was pretty grim. Their persona face to face was nervy, edgy and not the person we had spent hours talking to online. I guess you cannot practice for the face to face. But this is the way it is going these days.

Exactly, you mY not be getting what your seeing over skype/video but it does seem the way of things.

Heck I'd prefer to hire from LS sight unseen because I get a better feel of personalities after following a thread...

• Like 1

I usually just wear a nice top as they can't see whether or not I have jeans on. Usually they are pretty informal from my own experience.

• Like 1