thank you note

How long should I wait to send a thank you note? I know some people say it doesn't make a difference but I don't want to not send one and this be the one time that a thank you note would make a difference.

Also what should I include in it. I have had some people tell me just have it say the basic thank you and others say it should say thank you and I should include reasons why I should get the job.

If it's a morning interview, the thank you note should be in that day's snail mail. If it's afternoon posting the next morning is OK.

It should not be too long. Thank the person for their time & pick one thing -- whatever you thought was the strongest point & focus on that in your follow up thank you note.

How long should I wait to send a thank you note? I know some people say it doesn't make a difference but I don't want to not send one and this be the one time that a thank you note would make a difference.

Also what should I include in it. I have had some people tell me just have it say the basic thank you and others say it should say thank you and I should include reasons why I should get the job.

It doesn't make a difference.

There are 200 plus people applying for every entry level job and beyond, so if they can afford to interview enough people for there to be a clear winner.

I guess there may be rare occasions where two people are really top notch but most people have the skills to carry out the job; it always comes down to the personality! There is always that one person that is a better fit for the company based on their personality.

There are 200 plus people applying for every entry level job and beyond, so if they can afford to interview enough people for there to be a clear winner.

I guess there may be rare occasions where two people are really top notch but most people have the skills to carry out the job; it always comes down to the personality! There is always that one person that is a better fit for the company based on their personality.

Clearly you have never been on the hiring side. It doesn't matter if you have a great personality but no follow up. I'm going to hire the person who pays attention to the details & a thank you note is a detail

• Author

The type of job I am interviewing for will not have anywhere near 200 people applying and interviewing for it. I also live in a smaller town so there would be no way that many people would be applying for one job.