LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Tips for Entry Level Admin

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree364Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th August 2014, 4:27 AM   #271
Established Member

Once again, you have all angered my family, boyfriend and friends who have read this thread and are disgusted that you all say that I wont be able to do a basic admin job..

They are taking me off this website because they do not understand why people think that I will never amount to anything when EVERYONE around me thinks I am highly intelligent and that I have a very bright future ahead of me.

People who know me best cannot understand why anyone would doubt that I am intelligent enough to get a decent degree and do well for myself.

Goodbye, thanks for your useless advise, it is obvious that you all think I am not intelligent enough to amount to anything and you clearly think I should stop pursing college and sit on my ass.

You have upset my boyfriend and family who thinks highly of me.

It is a bit of an insult that you have suggested that I don't have what it takes to do a basic admin role. How unbelievably insulting.

Rather than helping me in how to get such a role, every one of you has told me that:

- I will not be able to get an admin or reception role because my grammar is simply not acceptable (alluding to me being a LONG way off. Atrocious = a long way off being AVERAGE)

- I will never finish college or get a proper job.

I asked you about admin roles, I NEVER told you to suggest that I have to go and study grammar if I have a hope of getting an admin role, and that I will never succeed.

You're comments have deeply upset me and now I cannot come on here again.

My boyfriend saw me crying because of your comments and I have promised him to never post on here again.

I would say good luck but I don't mean it towards people who have told me I will never amount to anything.

close thread, I am not going to use it again.
Old 30th August 2014, 4:28 AM   #272
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mascara View Post
"I have a lot going for me and how dare you tell me I will be a good for nothing delinquent with no degree or job."

Didn't say that

"My friends and family think you are all disgusting for telling me I am stupid, that I will never amount to anything."

Didn't say that either. Why do you do that? Accuse people of things they never said? Is it your own insecurities and what you secretly think about yourself?

All that everyone is telling you is that it's a bit rich for you to go on about how easy certain degrees are. You don't have any, so how can you compare them.

And that you are notorious for changing your mind, so counselling can help you with that - and make sure you actually STICK to the podiatry degree.

I DID one semester of social science and it was NOT REMOTELY rigorous.

I did chemistry and food science and it was WAY more difficult but I enjoyed it more.

Enough close the thread please.
Old 30th August 2014, 4:32 AM   #273
Established Member

Good luck to all, I am not aloud to ever post on here again, my family and boyfriend have made me promise after tonight I will never post on here again as peoples comments were hurting my feelings and upsetting me.

I am also taking my pictures down so no one will know who I am in real life.

Please get he thread closed or please don't post on here again, I can go about getting admin work alone it isn't rocket science and I am not retarded.

Seeya.
Old 30th August 2014, 4:34 AM   #274
Established Member

One semester is easy. That's just easing you in.

Good luck. Hope you find something you can make a career from.
Old 30th August 2014, 4:49 AM   #275
Established Member

Quote:
One semester is easy. That's just easing you in.

Good luck. Hope you find something you can make a career from.

Everyone knows that a surgery degree is more academically rigorous than a social science degree.

And clearly you don't believe I will ever amount to anything or ever get a degree.

Such negativity towards a person you don't even know.
Old 30th August 2014, 4:49 AM   #276
Established Member

Nobody has said you are not capable of admin work Leigh. What people have advised you to do however is to slow down a bit, to do things like spell check (just as your ex suggested), to consider what you are posting and maybe re-read (just as the guy at the bank suggested re the tests), to not pick on something to do without really thinking it through (again as said by the bank). You need to consider how letting all your thoughts out could actually result in saying something people find insulting (as you have done repeatedly here). You also need to properly read what others have posted and respond to that, not to what you think they said. That will also be of great benefit to you in studies and work - for example, if doing an exam you need to answer the question actually being asked and under pressure you may miss that.

We all want you to do well but you need to apply yourself consistently over time to do that, just like the rest of us. We are not saying you should do anything different to the rest of us in how you work for career.

- Richard Dawkins
Old 30th August 2014, 4:55 AM   #277
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne1707 View Post
Nobody has said you are not capable of admin work Leigh. What people have advised you to do however is to slow down a bit, to do things like spell check (just as your ex suggested), to consider what you are posting and maybe re-read (just as the guy at the bank suggested re the tests), to not pick on something to do without really thinking it through (again as said by the bank). You need to consider how letting all your thoughts out could actually result in saying something people find insulting (as you have done repeatedly here). You also need to properly read what others have posted and respond to that, not to what you think they said. That will also be of great benefit to you in studies and work - for example, if doing an exam you need to answer the question actually being asked and under pressure you may miss that.

We all want you to do well but you need to apply yourself consistently over time to do that, just like the rest of us. We are not saying you should do anything different to the rest of us in how you work for career.

Look I am really not supposed to be on here after tonight but I will answer you because you are one of the nice and normal people on here.

People have said:

- my grammar is atrocious. Meaning - people with "atrocious" grammar are bellow average and fundamentally cannot get into admin roles because they clearly missed out on the foundations of grammar.

- my grammar is too below average to get into admin. Meaning I should go and 'get more educated" in order to get a basic admin role. Very insulting.

- that I have belittled a degree when I simply said it was not as academically rigorous as a SURGERY degree like veterinary science, of which I would know about since I have friends doing it/also doing social science.

- have taken offense to things I didn't even say. Saying pharmacy is more rigorous than social science is just an opinion. I never said there was anything lowly about ANY one degree. I commented on the level of difficulty. Many people in my life have said the same thing about hard degrees versus less strenuous degrees. They weren't looking down on easier degrees. They all agree veterinary science grads and pharmacy grads deserve more MONEY than a social science grad.

So yeah I really don't appreciate people telling me I am well bellow average in my written communication.

BELOW AVERAGE is even you cannot distinguish between there/their and they're or too/to.
Old 30th August 2014, 4:57 AM   #278
Established Member

If you take nothing from here then take the comments from your friend and the feedback from the bank and roll with it.

Your friend said that you don't check spelling and grammar.
The bank said you didn't read the questions properly so got them wrong.

Both of these are really simple habits to learn and they can be used in any form of written communication.
I always proof read any texts I send, any posts I write (I made a mess of one last night and cringed badly when I saw it today!), any letters or emails I write.
If I make a typo at work I can be sure my boss will spot it and call me out on it.

I think you can do admin for the record and never said I think you couldn't.
As you said yourself though you could do with brushing up - it can start from the next text you send, next time you mail a friend, next time you post on the other forums you are a member of.
It's an action you can actively take now and will stand you in better stead for anything you choose to do in future.
Old 30th August 2014, 5:00 AM   #279
Established Member

Journal Entries: 2
good luck leigh ...i wish you well.....deb
Old 30th August 2014, 5:01 AM   #280
Established Member

See here we go again. Nobody has said you are below average or lack intelligence. They have said that you need to take more care in your typing by proof reading and spell checking. Your post just now would have benefitted from that. Stop reading things into posts that are just not there.

As for saying things that are offensive or just letting all your thoughts pour out, you have just done that again

Edit: joys of proof reading. Just spotted two typos in my post

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 30th August 2014 at 7:13 AM..
Old 30th August 2014, 5:45 AM   #281
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh 87 View Post

And clearly you don't believe I will ever amount to anything or ever get a degree.

Such negativity towards a person you don't even know.
Oh I believe you're intellectually CAPABLE of getting a degree. But I don't think you will while you're still undecided about what you want to spend the next 40 years doing. And despite your current passion for podiatry, I don't think it's something you'll end up doing.

That's not a bad thing. I flitted between several careers at your age. My beef is with your continual disparaging of anything that doesn't fit your way.
Old 30th August 2014, 6:35 AM   #282
Established Member

Quote:
Oh I believe you're intellectually CAPABLE of getting a degree. But I don't think you will while you're still undecided about what you want to spend the next 40 years doing. And despite your current passion for podiatry, I don't think it's something you'll end up doing.

That's not a bad thing. I flitted between several careers at your age. My beef is with your continual disparaging of anything that doesn't fit your way.

Well I feel very driven by podiatry, have shadowed a podiatrist and I am a member of the podiatry community online and live and breath podiatry atm.

I was never this interested in my prior degrees nor did I do much research about them.

I start next year. If I don't like podiatry, first year health science subjects are all the same and I would be able to transfer into another field if I HATED podiatry.

I could transfer into: medical imaging, physiotherapy, oral health, occupational therapy, to name but a few. A course adviser told us all op open day that year one can be transferred into another degree in the allied health field.

I KNOW I want to do something medical, and to do with helping people overcome health problems. It is why I did dietetics and food science in 2011.

I regret it every day that I dropped out of that degree and tried others. Because I loved the biomedical based first year.
Old 30th August 2014, 7:13 AM   #283
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

another of the thread starters threads closed, thanks all who participated