Protocol for non-responsive business professional

I am in a traveling club and plan on taking my first trip in the late fall. This club had been around seven years. I've met several people who traveled with the club in the spring and enjoyed the trips. I have been communicating with organizer and sent my payment for trip confirmation mail. Two weeks ago, I checked the tracker and noticed the letter was still out delivery. I contacted him and asked if he received payment and got no reply. I waited five days and contacted him again and still received no reply. I contacted other members who are going the trip and they said that he confirmed that he received their payments. Now, I have no idea what to do. I contacted the post office to trace the letter and it took them three days to call me back to let me know they were looking into it. The club has another organizer so I'm thinking about contacting him to see if could confirm receipt of my payment. Also, the airline has to be notified by Friday so I thought I would start checking with the airline for my confirmation number. The check has no been cashed yet. May just give up and cancel the check. Just don't know what to do at this point and don't understand why he won't contact me. I've been polite and don't want to get mean as that would not be a good trip due to the drama. Could someone tell me how to proceed in this situation? All I want to know if is my payment has been recieved and what my confirmation numbers are.

You said you paid by cheque so your bank should be able to advise you if it has cleared or not.

But since you can see the item has not been delivered by the post, why don't you work with one of the other organizers since they have been more responsive?

Indicate you are anxious to go on the trip but have received no notification or confirmation and the deadline is approaching.

I am in a traveling club and plan on taking my first trip in the late fall. This club had been around seven years. I've met several people who traveled with the club in the spring and enjoyed the trips. I have been communicating with organizer and sent my payment for trip confirmation mail. Two weeks ago, I checked the tracker and noticed the letter was still out delivery. I contacted him and asked if he received payment and got no reply. I waited five days and contacted him again and still received no reply. I contacted other members who are going the trip and they said that he confirmed that he received their payments. Now, I have no idea what to do. I contacted the post office to trace the letter and it took them three days to call me back to let me know they were looking into it. The club has another organizer so I'm thinking about contacting him to see if could confirm receipt of my payment. Also, the airline has to be notified by Friday so I thought I would start checking with the airline for my confirmation number. The check has no been cashed yet. May just give up and cancel the check. Just don't know what to do at this point and don't understand why he won't contact me. I've been polite and don't want to get mean as that would not be a good trip due to the drama. Could someone tell me how to proceed in this situation? All I want to know if is my payment has been recieved and what my confirmation numbers are.

if the check has not been cashed then the payment might not have been received. you mentioned that the letter still showed out for delivery, so that means it never reached the recipient and is likely lost in the mail. you can't get a confirmation number if you haven't paid, which you essentially haven't, since they don't have payment, so perhaps you won't be going on this trip. and maybe your contact info. for the organizer is wrong... if it is a legit business then the non-responsiveness could be due to a wrong email or phone address. call your bank to see if the check was cashed, and then call the company (another person) and see what is going on. you might end up having to cancel the check and make some other fast payment to still go on the trip