LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Who Followed Their Career Passions?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree150Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd August 2014, 6:20 AM   #181
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial muse View Post
I can't really comment on the others, but I can on this one.

Future available jobs aside, meteorology/atmospheric science requires advanced physics and math - meaning courses like fluid mechanics, calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, and so on and on and on. Based on what you've said previously, it doesn't sound like you'd want to go this route.

I enjoy math I just dropped it in year ten, rather than keeping at in until year 12.

But yes it is too late for me as I have other allied health careers I would also enjoy, and that have a high rate of employment and pay well, without math and physics.
Old 22nd August 2014, 10:02 AM   #182
Established Member

My late mother always wanted me to be a dumb menial---lifting heavy s*** and getting paid next to nothing. Apparently that's how one earns "heaven-credits" (if you have to ask, you'll never know).

That doesn't work for me... that's why I'm enrolled in construction school to get my building inspector license, so I won't have to lift s*** and I can be self-employed!!!!!! (Now THERE'S a scary thought---me doing my own thing with no boss breathing down my back.)

But even that isn't the endpoint... the $$ from being a building inspector will enable me to write and self-publish novels.