background: Our business recommend some of our customers towards leasing as opposed to ownership of products. We work with a Leasing company and together we achieve financial accomodations. One by selling and two by them providing the funding. About a year ago the Leasing company stopped all new funding until they can garner a more profitable environment.

Currently: I work with this Leasing company on behalf of any of our clients concerns. Be it billing or end of term obligations. The Contact for the leasing company is an absolute B*tch. And I say that as a person who accepts that we each have our moments, yet this lady is consistent in: Dodging phone calls or responding to emails. Giving excuses such as "ohh it must of went into my spam folder, Or our email was down". She uses every excuse in the book to not work with us. She plays dumb and is extremely good at Not giving a rats arse about resolving matters. Now, here is the business problem. Sometimes if the customer (lessee) is not given information in a timely fashion they are hit with absorbent fees from Lending company. Or they delay sending the instructions for the final lease return of product, which sends them into the evergreen payment . Which is obligating the customer to twelve more months of payments! Which then creates the domino effect, where the customer is pissed at us for not getting the final return instructions, and we look bad despite all our efforts to work weeks ahead of time to get the books closed for them. One of the owners of our company loves to "enable" justification for this poor service. She says, maybe the lady is overwhelmed or we just need to be patient. patiences doesnt get the document! So I would like to compose a letter to this persons boss explaining the business dilema and to share with him this employees Poor performance. Its harming our current relationships with our customers! My boss who I report to will support me, the problem is the other boss of our company loves to defend this Leasing company worker. They have a non business relationship outside work. I outright let it be known to this Contact that I would like to speak with her boss and she said that she handles the accounts and I am to go thru her, not her boss! So any suggestions how to handle this difficult work/business relationship is welcomed. Would a Letter help? Or What would you suggest?

I think a letter is justified. I remember a similar experience writing to a recruiter about how poorly they handled their interview process. Long story short, I was called to an interview and they skipped the phone interview because they thought I would be such a great fit. After commuting 30 miles for the interview, I was declined outright within the first 10 minutes of the interview. I thought it was very unprofessional given someone didn't do their homework. They thought I was a good enough fit to not do a phone screening and declined me in the interview because they didn't think it was a fit? I sent them a letter expressing my disappointment about what happened, having driven so far for an interview for them to reject me outright after thinking I was such a good fit. I kept it professional and they took my concerns into consideration.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks Pink sugar!

If for nothing else it gives clarity to the Vendor (Leasing Company) of how their employees are handling accounts.

Sorry to read of your endeavor, seems they could have indeed been more accomodating to you.

• Like 1

Dear Tayla

I agree with with pink sugar that you should definitely pen a letter with hard evidence to support that she is not performing her required duties. Is there an ability to lodge a formal complaint with the Human Resources division of her company? If there is then you should do that too as well as send this e-mail to the owners/bosses.

There is obviously a conflict of interest if she has a boss who is putting his personal interests above the companies goals and objectives. She is making the whole company look bad because she is ruining your reputation with your clients. Patience is not a virtue that customer care about. They want to see good business practices and professional conduct. The longer she remains in the job the more your relationship with your clients will suffer. Unhappy clients translate to a bad reputation for the company. You don't want that type of bad media attached to you because it will circulate at conferences. Word will get around that this company is really bad to deal with.

Have you asked other people how they have felt when they have communicated with her? I bet that her lazy attitude and inconsiderate nature would have been experienced by other people too. If you are able to get more people to complain about her the better. Eventually someone from up top will have to listen and then the company will have to take action.

Good luck with it - Bud

• Author

wow! well said and understood Bud. thank you for that level of advise. !

A definite letter objectively will be in the making. Keeping it direct and with the intention that resolutions will come about is key. I may be fanning the flames that are already brewing yet sometimes it takes a fire to rid the scenario of churlish antics. This so called lady has a way of sweet talking the Male persuation, So we shall see. If for nothing else, the cards will be on the table to deal with it.

Yes the other three co-workers that deal with her also shared the perspective that she is ungracious and lacking timely answers.

Edited by Tayla
  • Author

Just a follow up on this fiasco.

I sent the Director of Operations a straight forward email. Detailing circumstances and how it affacted our relations and our customer base.

His response was so cookie cutter-

This is how he responded: "Thank you for your email. I certainly value any feedback and will take your comments into consideration. "

Yup! The key word being "consideration", which means in laymans terms- I am aware and will do nothing to resolve this, but thanks for bending my ear.

Makes me cringe that a business can sustain with that non chalant attitude.

At least I know what I am dealing with...