Not sure what to think..

I started working for a company late last year, the guy who did my interview was gorgeous and I instantly wanted to know more about him. Luckily he gave me the job and I could do just that. Time went on and my attraction to him grew, as much as I wanted to talk to him I was too nervous to do so. I would attempt to have a conversation with him and my words would jumble and I'd blush.. People at work started to notice, rumors started to spread and finally people came to me with questions. The more and more I would try to deny it the more people would pester. So I finally tried to avoid him.. BUT that wasn't making me happy..

So on and so forth.. I finally gained some self confidence and started talking to him. He is a rather interesting person, I enjoy talking to him very much..

So.. My question for you guys.. Lately he's been checking up on me (which he had never done in the past), he will ask me how things are going at home and how my dogs are doing.. He has made me a poster of my name and put it on my desk, he's given me cute nicknames that play off my name. He's offered to buy me lunch on numerous occasions but I can bring myself to accept it from him. Today at work he asked me for help on the most simple thing.. He kept messing up so it took 20 minutes instead of 5.. I finally took over, got it done and he was ecstatic and told me I was AWESOME *blushes*

I don't know if I'm noticing these things in hope that he actually does like me or if he's just being nice.. He has opened up to me about his past marriage as have I to him.. I would like to think that since we've both been through rough marriages that we some how understand each other.

Dear deezee24

Don't think just act! You have said that he has offered to buy you lunch on numerous occasions so everything will be revealed to you if you just have the courage to accept. Don't get caught up in games of speculation because it is not necessary. The more lunch dates that you have with him the more his intentions will be revealed to you but you will never know unless you go. So go already and tell us all about it. :)

Good luck with it - Bud.

• 3 weeks later...
nomadic_butterfly

I don't know if I'm noticing these things in hope that he actually does like me or if he's just being nice.. He has opened up to me about his past marriage as have I to him.. I would like to think that since we've both been through rough marriages that we some how understand each other.

There are no lines to read in-between. He's being as obvious as possible and if you keep turning him down, he's going to think you're not really interested and just like playing games. The attraction is mutual, go to lunch already!! The worst that could happen is that you find out there's no love connection. He'll only put up with this for so long.

You're one of the fortunate ones. There was a guy I used to have a crush on that would damn near get whiplash when I caught him staring once and he tried to play it off. He'd always stare at me (still does) but never made a move. I tried to be subtle through a somewhat mutual friend/coworker and asked him if he wanted to play a game (we have fussball, shuffle board, etc at my job) with us and he said yes, but then flaked last minute (said he got in some unexpected work at the last minute). He's pretty introverted and awkward in general though. I gave up like 6 weeks ago and just made peace with the fact he'll just be someone who finds me attractive and vice versa, but never act on it. I've also never had an extended conversation with him to know if I'd even like his personality or have enough common ground with him. Oh well!

All that to say, go for it! He's not about playing games so you shouldn't be either.