anyone had a coworker like this?

I work at a clinical trial company. I am not someone who has a formal degree, but I do have a diploma. The other day at work we made a mistake in not randomizing someone in a study because we looked at the wrong number. I trusted our study RN to interpret this as she is suppose to be "smarter". This nurse...has showed me several times shes everything but smart. some of the things she misses /does are so stupid I find myself sitting there shaking my head in awe. I feel like I can;t trust her and she doesnt take any initiative to learn the studies like I do, however is paid more when she does come in. Has anyone been in a similar situation? How can a registered nurse be so dim and someone like me be so much more detail orientated/ studius? Not to say that I am perfect but jeez some of the things she does are just plain stupid.

WhatYouWantToHear

Education isn't a synonym for intelligence.

You do you have to admire one portion of her intelligence--she was smart enough to understand how the system works and got educated and is now being rewarded for that.

Eternal Sunshine
My question is how on earth did she pass...

Education is not what it used to be. It's now more of a business model; you pay the fee, you get the degree. Very few people actually fail providing they stick it out.

• Like 1