Scheduling a job interview

camillalev

What is the best time of day to schedule an interview? I was given a choice of 9-12 and 4-5. I am at my best later in the day rather than morning, but I've read a few articles saying hiring manager sometimes have an unconscious bias towards people who interview later. Any advice would be great.

You can't predict interviewer traits, so better to go with your strength. I like late morning because while I am not at my best first thing in the morning, I do tend to stress out a little bit on interview day. Since I don't want to be nauseous all day, I split the difference. Good luck!

• Like 2

It all depends on you, if you are at your best later in the day, then go for that. Mornings are bad for me, I'm not awake yet, so I'm not prepared. And I also think Fridays and Mondays are the worst days to interview, the last interview that I went to, the recruiter had only those 2 choices. I'm like really???

• Like 2
What is the best time of day to schedule an interview? I was given a choice of 9-12 and 4-5. I am at my best later in the day rather than morning, but I've read a few articles saying hiring manager sometimes have an unconscious bias towards people who interview later. Any advice would be great.

Definitely late morning between 10 and 11. I've done well in the past with those time windows. I once had an interview in the late afternoon and it did not turn out as well because the employer seemed tired and not interested. I would surely go with later in the morning for any and all interviews.

• Like 1

Well, if an interviewer has a bias against me interviewing late, that's too bad. I work 9am-1pm and do my best to work interviews around my work schedule. Though since my husband and I share a car, that can also be difficult.

If the interval is 1 hour then I suggest 11am-12pm. And if the interval is around 3 hour then it's gonna be 10am-1pm. After 1pm is not appreciable.

• 1 month later...