Almond_Joy

I want to apply directly to AppleOne, as an entry-level recruiter. I cannot for the life of me find anywhere online to apply or call if you're interested in working for AppleOne the company directly. I asked an AppleOne recruiter herself once and she mumbled something about a parent company (Act1) and gave me no number or contacts to follow up with. I'm looking over the Act1 site and still can't seem to find anything.

Does anyone work for this company? If so, how the heck can I apply to work for it?

Edited by Almond_Joy
UpwardForward

I googled and didn't have any problem getting the address/phone no. for our local one.

What city or state are you in?

• Author
Almond_Joy

I'm in S. CA. I've been to both AppleOne and Act1 branches, have no trouble finding a branch. The thing is I get to the branch and they want to sign me up as someone they can place on assignments for their clients. I explain I don't want to work for their clients, I want to work for the staffing agency itself, and the recruiter looks confounded. Like they don't remember how they found their own job :-/.

I dont know if I'm not explaining myself right or they just dont want someone else to compete with for business or what.

• Like 1
pink_sugar
I'm in S. CA. I've been to both AppleOne and Act1 branches, have no trouble finding a branch. The thing is I get to the branch and they want to sign me up as someone they can place on assignments for their clients. I explain I don't want to work for their clients, I want to work for the staffing agency itself, and the recruiter looks confounded. Like they don't remember how they found their own job :-/.

I dont know if I'm not explaining myself right or they just dont want someone else to compete with for business or what.

Not surprised. I almost landed a job through a temp agency and the woman's emails made no sense half the time. My second job is through a staffing agency and it seems very common that people working for staffing agencies fail to proof their grammar before sending emails. :rolleyes: I don't get it.

UpwardForward

I googled: Recruiting jobs Apple One.

It took me to Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed.com

It appears there are different recruiting & sales jobs at Apple One located in San Diego, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Moreno Valley, San Bernardino.

These jobs appear to be Apple One inside jobs.

I couldn't get phone numbers. They want you to apply on line.

• Author
Almond_Joy
I googled: Recruiting jobs Apple One.

It took me to Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed.com

It appears there are different recruiting & sales jobs at Apple One located in San Diego, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Moreno Valley, San Bernardino.

These jobs appear to be Apple One inside jobs.

I couldn't get phone numbers. They want you to apply on line.

-____-. Apparently I skipped Indeed, thanks!

• Author
Almond_Joy
Not surprised. I almost landed a job through a temp agency and the woman's emails made no sense half the time. My second job is through a staffing agency and it seems very common that people working for staffing agencies fail to proof their grammar before sending emails. :rolleyes: I don't get it.

I'ts fortunate that you even heard back from them - I've only had luck with one agency as far as getting follow up.

I mean this sincerely, people still use someone else to do what they can do on their own? Not being rude, just trying to understand the industry that offers such. Can someone explain what expert woudl require this?

I want to apply directly to AppleOne, as an entry-level recruiter. I cannot for the life of me find anywhere online to apply or call if you're interested in working for AppleOne the company directly. I asked an AppleOne recruiter herself once and she mumbled something about a parent company (Act1) and gave me no number or contacts to follow up with. I'm looking over the Act1 site and still can't seem to find anything.

Does anyone work for this company? If so, how the heck can I apply to work for it?

I'm in Northern Cal and when I was living life as a temp I went to register for with AppleOne. During my interview with them they asked me if I would be interested in recruiting for them. At the time I had no recruiting experience and hadn't really considered it as an option to explore. I inquired about their interest in using me in that way and was told that they were impressed by my experience (a mix of hr, accounting, marketing, etc) and my interpersonal skills, which made me very trainable for a recruiting position. They also mentioned that they don't advertise for those positions, but select people much in the same way I was being considered. Now of course this could just be done by that particular branch and things could have changed since then.

Other temp agencies I've worked for just contact other temp agencies when they have an open for a recruiter, especially a more senior level one. I found this surprising since they're technically competitors, but again I've only been exposed to a limited number of agencies and all in Northern Cal.

• Like 1
  • Author
I mean this sincerely, people still use someone else to do what they can do on their own? Not being rude, just trying to understand the industry that offers such. Can someone explain what expert woudl require this?

As I stated, I did look online for a posting myself - on the company's site, the parent company's site, glassdoor and careerbuilder. In addition to asking an employee of said company directly. I typically don't use Indeed to search for jobs. So of course that would be one of the sites that had the posting.

I'm sure there are other places online that I'm unaware of that have postings too, but I was working off of what I know, and what has always worked for me in the past in finding what I'm looking for. When what I know didn't get results, I came here asking for help.

• Author
I'm in Northern Cal and when I was living life as a temp I went to register for with AppleOne. During my interview with them they asked me if I would be interested in recruiting for them. At the time I had no recruiting experience and hadn't really considered it as an option to explore. I inquired about their interest in using me in that way and was told that they were impressed by my experience (a mix of hr, accounting, marketing, etc) and my interpersonal skills, which made me very trainable for a recruiting position. They also mentioned that they don't advertise for those positions, but select people much in the same way I was being considered. Now of course this could just be done by that particular branch and things could have changed since then.

Other temp agencies I've worked for just contact other temp agencies when they have an open for a recruiter, especially a more senior level one. I found this surprising since they're technically competitors, but again I've only been exposed to a limited number of agencies and all in Northern Cal.

Yes, it seems most of those positions get filled by industry vet referrals. I recently asked about the job, a senior level recruiter did say I could apply, but she didn't seem particularly optimistic about suggesting it. I dont have any sales experience and she was kind enough to clear up my misconceptions about the role by stressing that getting clients and marketing is a big part of the job, and that success is very "metrics-driven."

Maybe recruiters don't see a good seller in me so they dont think of referring me or telling me about recruiter openings. That would make sense, I don't have much desire to go into sales of any kind. I'm more drawn to placing a quality candidate in a role that fits them, on an individual basis, and helping people present themselves properly for what they want. It seems like I'd get to do more of that as a company recruiter vs. a staffing agency recruiter.