It's so LONELY at a Top !

I heard of this particular expression and now am sort of seeing it as true.

In my job there might be possibility for slight promotion but am gonna have to work my butt of and learn a lots of things for it.

Well lonely part comes from how work friends have or are reacting to it.

Of maybe 10-12 people around me I heard 2 congratulations.

From rest I heard questions surprises and oh yeah really you gonna go for that ?

My immediate boss "the anal" one from my previous post is also all but happy about it and seems delighted to nit pick over any and every blessed detail.

Only consolation is that one other high level person is aware of his behavior and that he is same or worse with everyone else.

Do you find this lonely at a top expression to be true as well how did you handle it?

Do you have any stories tips to share how to weather this storm am about to step in how did you handle it?

• Like 1

Sadly, or maybe not, you are becoming a member of a different club, and will not be associating (on the level) as you did previously with these other workers you've named. You will meet a group of people that you'll be expected to associate yourself with, most likely.

If you continue your old relationships with the lower ranks, you soon enough be right back with them. So -- it is lonely at the top in terms of your old aqaintences - but there will be new ones. If you do not take this opportunity and flourish in said direction, you could cut your throat politally. I know, cause Ive been there, and done that. Yas

Yes, I do think it's true. I also think getting to the top is chaotic. You make fake friends and rivals. Once there, a lot of people you may thought were friends are just resentful it wasn't them. You start having to worry about employees who suddenly want to be friends because seems like everyone wants something. Then if you fail, you find out who your real friends were but it's not that many. But whatever you do, don't wear guilt over your position. Realize you earned it and expect respect from everyone.

• Author

Thank you very much : ))

As I said its only possibility but still it excites me feels me with pride.

So am gonna keep trying hard learn how to develop poker face cause am lousy at that and try not to allow the "freak" and those so called friends stop me from getting there.

soccerrprp

I agree with the expression. It involves people resenting you, being jealous, but some of that is created by YOU. Maintain healthy professional boundaries, but keep your real, true friends regardless of where they are in the pecking order.

• Author

That makes very much sense and I'll do my best.

Its very incredible to see how ready they are to tattle one on another yet few moments later or hours they pat each others back and laugh. makes me (:sick:)

There were of course times when I had to say something to sup as well when someone was really lazy doing something really wrong but from such people I stay far FAR away as I can.