LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Medical field: Any tips for negotiating a higher salary?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Old 25th May 2014, 11:03 AM   #1
Established Member

Medical field: Any tips for negotiating a higher salary?

I work in medicine and come across a lot of opportunities for new positions. How do you negotiate a higher salary with HR? It seems they are always trying to low ball new potential hires. Most positions in healthcare have a least a salary range. So I usually ask what the range is since a lot of times they won't tell the exact salary. Recently a job I was very interested in called and I did my research on what I should expect in that area, the job is out of state and very stressful. Their offer was very low for the position and they wouldn't disclose what the salary range was. Any tips for how to go about getting the salary you want?