Networking with Hospitals/Pharmacies

I'm taking a Pharmacy Technician course right now and will hopefully be taking the exam for my license in the next couple of months. I plan to either be a nurse or get a PharmD. Or maybe both haha.

I was wondering if anyone on the forums or knows someone that works in a hospital/pharmacy that could give me some tips on what to expect and to network with.

My dad is a retired Pharmacist but I don't think I'll be living in So-Cal much longer. I plan to be moving to Central CA.

Ask your professors & someone in the career / guidance office at school. Ask your dad if he was a member of any industry groups & how you can get info about their meetings. Perhaps he'll take you. One you go to one event you will be in a better position to network your way to the geography you want

• Author

Yup he's still in contact with some people and was involved with a group before he retired but they were all stationed and living around So-Cal. It'll help immensely while still living here but I'm not sure about when I decide to move.

Kaiser is difficult to get into but at least there are different branches I could transfer to lol

Just thought I'd ask the forums on a whim but thank you

The Orange County Register's website has a whole list of networking events. Most are not industry specific.

Kaiser's website lists community events that it is sponsoring. Try showing up at one of them.

Local Chambers of Commerce may be helpful.

If you don't already read trade publications, start.

• Author

I never thought to look into trade publications! Haha

Yeah, I think I definitely will try to see if I could show up at Kaiser's community events. I plan to start volunteering there after I go through with the orientation and pre-reqs at the same time.

Thank you again!