Seeking second job potential boss knows my current boss

pink_sugar

So I am working part time and don't want to jump from job to job, so I seeking additional employment opportunities as I need more money. Found this opportunity through a staffing agency that may be a good fit since they are looking for a 2-6 person and right now I am 9-1. When I went to the interview I find that the manager/interviewer is an old school friend of my boss!:eek: Now I am worried about what my boss might think if he thinks I am looking to move on suddenly, which isn't the case. I don't think he has been contacted, but if he does mention anything to me about it, I will assure him that I am simply seeking additional employment to supplement income. I did tell his brother (the other boss) before I was hired that I would look for a second job so I can stay longer term. ( they were worried about me leaving once I found full time work). So this shouldn't come as a shock to them.

liquid_amber
So I am working part time and don't want to jump from job to job, so I seeking additional employment opportunities as I need more money. Found this opportunity through a staffing agency that may be a good fit since they are looking for a 2-6 person and right now I am 9-1. When I went to the interview I find that the manager/interviewer is an old school friend of my boss!:eek: Now I am worried about what my boss might think if he thinks I am looking to move on suddenly, which isn't the case. I don't think he has been contacted, but if he does mention anything to me about it, I will assure him that I am simply seeking additional employment to supplement income. I did tell his brother (the other boss) before I was hired that I would look for a second job so I can stay longer term. ( they were worried about me leaving once I found full time work). So this shouldn't come as a shock to them.

if your boss knows you are looking for a second job, i don't see why there should be a problem as long as you're not planning to leave the old job for the new one.