Tressugar

I had an interview on April 8th. To me the interview went seamless. I was on point in answering the questions and I followed up with examples and had the educational attainment and experience that they wanted for someone in this position.

I was told in the interview that the unit I am interviewing for is new and is being developed.

I was also told the 1st of May will be the target date that they'll let the selected candidates know the particulars. Well today is May 1st and I have not heard anything as of yet.

I know and understand the state has a long bureaucratic process when it comes to hiring. Should I count myself out?

amaysngrace

I was the #1 score in my county and had an FBI Agent as one of the people to vouch for me and I didn't get in.

Write to them though and see if they've made a decision yet. It can't hurt.

• Author
Tressugar

My former boss told me that it took 3 years to pass before he heard back from the interviewer. Needless to say he had moved on long ago.

I'm not going to wait that long, but I keep on hearing stories that it can take upwards of 3 months before getting back to you.

amaysngrace
My former boss told me that it took 3 years to pass before he heard back from the interviewer. Needless to say he had moved on long ago.

I'm not going to wait that long, but I keep on hearing stories that it can take upwards of 3 months before getting back to you.

Reach out to them then. It shows you're interested. And mention the May 1st date.

• Like 2
UpwardForward

Govt never meets deadlines.

I think chances are great position is still open.

• Like 2

In my 20s, I worked for the State of California. From taking the test to getting the job took 18 months.

I'd call 'em and follow up, but not on Friday. Wait until Monday. The first of the month for any state is always a little crazy with past-due deadlines.

• Like 1
  • Author
Tressugar

Thank you everyone for your responses. I'll follow up next week to see what developments, if any, have been made.

pink_sugar

My husband is also trying to get a job with the state. It's very very competitive, so the fact that you even got an interview is impressive. Interviewers can get caught up. Most interviewers I've dealt with usually took longer than initially said to get back to me. Good luck!

• Like 1
MuscleCarFan

As Pink_sugar said I am trying to get a job with the state. My uncle works for the Department of Water Resources and my aunt works for the Department of Education. From what my uncle said it can take up 6 months to just get at interview! (3 months if they are in a hurry!)