LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Keeping abreast of a coworker

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th April 2014, 1:19 PM   #16

Talking

It is brilliant! Might try it with my tactile co worker
MsNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 1:39 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNo1 View Post
It's time you gave him a little tit for tat...Literally! (.)(.)
TalesoftheWireMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 1:43 PM   #18
Established Member

Okay, I am a LARGE breasted woman.

Honestly, men sexualize my breasts far more than I do and, yes, I will often stand so close to people that my breasts will touch them. It is far from sexual for me.

They are just part of me, the way my arms or legs also brush up against someone. I don't feel anything.
CarrieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 2:06 PM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieT View Post
Okay, I am a LARGE breasted woman.

Honestly, men sexualize my breasts far more than I do and, yes, I will often stand so close to people that my breasts will touch them. It is far from sexual for me.

They are just part of me, the way my arms or legs also brush up against someone. I don't feel anything.
Thank you for giving that insight Carrie!
So let me get straight that unlike a brush of your arms and legs you will leave your breasts in contact with someone?
As a man, if my crotch comes into contact with someone say their shoulder when they are sitting and I'm standing I do step backwards. It may be somewhat awkward but it seems correct to respect the unspoken space cushion.
Old 20th April 2014, 2:12 PM   #20
Established Member

This is getting interesting. Looking back through the replies it seems there is some difference of opinion between men and women?
There was a study recently about how men assume much more attraction is present in a platonic relationship than women do.
Seems maybe this thread is bearing that out?
Old 21st April 2014, 11:06 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalesoftheWireMonkey View Post
Right, it's bloody brilliant as a sexual predatory technique. By warning me off when I took the more aggressive move of massaging her shoulders she can always deny culpability. If it came to a point of actually going to HR she could say I was always pressing into her. In the meantime she gets the satisfaction of knowing she can still arouse a single man but doesn't have to lose any respect or control.
So did you end up with girl or was she also off limits?
It has gotten a little complicated recently. We moved on to verbal flirting. Then I got her number. We tried to arrange a couple of dates but the timing was off so we didn't go out. She was kinda upset with me taking so long to call her. During this time, I learned she made other dates with other guys. I decided to back off because I didn't want to be a contestant on her Dating Game. Then we had a fight at work about work related stuff. And so now we don't even flirt. So I guess we are moving on.
Valen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 11:16 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNo1 View Post
Since you are interested. I'll give you the whole process my co-worker used. We'll call this seduction via body contact. She started off with boobs pressing on my arm to arouse my curiosity. Then once she detected I was interested. She transition to placing her chin on my shoulder and made it appear like she was just checking out what I was doing. And one time she lean her head on my shoulder showing she was comfortable with me. Basically I became totally attracted to her. I think during this time she was guarding my reactions to see my level of interest. She never had to say anything directly to me but I knew she wanted me to ask her out. But since I never experience anything like that before it took me a really long time to get the message and she was upset I took so long to ask her out.
Old 21st April 2014, 5:16 PM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valen View Post
It has gotten a little complicated recently. We moved on to verbal flirting. Then I got her number. We tried to arrange a couple of dates but the timing was off so we didn't go out. She was kinda upset with me taking so long to call her. During this time, I learned she made other dates with other guys. I decided to back off because I didn't want to be a contestant on her Dating Game. Then we had a fight at work about work related stuff. And so now we don't even flirt. So I guess we are moving on.
Sounds like you either dodged a bullet or missed an opportunity. If you don't have any lingering feelings sounds like you might be alright?
I think the chin thing would have gotten to me.
Do you feel like you'll pick up quicker now if you get this sort of attention from another woman?
Let me ask you one other thing it may sound silly, but do you wear Axe cologne/deodorant? It sounds like I'm a shil for the company but when I wear that stuff it seems more women pay attention to me and it seems like they get more physical?
Old 21st April 2014, 7:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Sounds like you either dodged a bullet or missed an opportunity. If you don't have any lingering feelings sounds like you might be alright?
It's a little bit of both. I knew I miss the window of opportunity but at the same time, I knew that had we got together it will create drama at work. That's the main reason why I took a while to decide to ask her out because I was sitting on the fence thinking if it's worth risking. So a part of me wants to date her and a part of me don't. This is the first time that has ever happen to me where I'm unsure. Now that it looks like we hit a road block, I kinda want to date her more. lol

And about the cologne, no I don't wear anything. I just take normal showers. Sometimes girls say I smell good and which I find odd since I don't wear anything. Perhaps, I have strong pheromones. lol

Honestly what I think it is the way I carry myself. Sometimes girls tell me that I look like a bad boy that gets lots of ladies. Of course that's so far from the truth. I have been single for like forever. I do have an aura of confidence because I'm not shy and I can converse with just about anyone.
Old 21st April 2014, 8:17 PM   #25

I have no idea why she does it.

None of us do. None of us know if it is intentional or accidental.

And a man's crotch is far different than a woman's boob ... you know that right? One normally sticks OUT and the other doesn't unless aroused. A woman's crotch doesn't intentionally stick out either.... but both sex's butt may stick out.

If you are too uncomfortable to move away from her when it happens, how are you going to bring it up in conversation?? You said you both are flirty.
jellybean89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 8:46 PM   #26
Established Member

Quote:
And, I'm trying to work up to that. I think posting it here and seeing it in print is part of my process to get over it. As I said and is discussed below it's very pleasurable both physically and psychologically. It's ego-stroking to be chosen the object of her attentions if she's doing it on purpose.
What do you mean you are working up to it?
KaliLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 1:39 AM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valen View Post
It's a little bit of both. I knew I miss the window of opportunity but at the same time, I knew that had we got together it will create drama at work. That's the main reason why I took a while to decide to ask her out because I was sitting on the fence thinking if it's worth risking. So a part of me wants to date her and a part of me don't. This is the first time that has ever happen to me where I'm unsure. Now that it looks like we hit a road block, I kinda want to date her more. lol

And about the cologne, no I don't wear anything. I just take normal showers. Sometimes girls say I smell good and which I find odd since I don't wear anything. Perhaps, I have strong pheromones. lol

Honestly what I think it is the way I carry myself. Sometimes girls tell me that I look like a bad boy that gets lots of ladies. Of course that's so far from the truth. I have been single for like forever. I do have an aura of confidence because I'm not shy and I can converse with just about anyone.
I was involved at work before it was actually nice until it ended then the whole office was uncomfortable. They all sort of had to pick sides between us. You made the wise choice if not the heartfelt one.
It makes sense she's more desirable now that you can't have her.

They say confidence is a major attractor for females. So, you must be proof of it!
Good going for you saving all that money on smelly products!
Old 22nd April 2014, 1:50 AM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybean89 View Post
I have no idea why she does it.

None of us do. None of us know if it is intentional or accidental.

And a man's crotch is far different than a woman's boob ... you know that right? One normally sticks OUT and the other doesn't unless aroused. A woman's crotch doesn't intentionally stick out either.... but both sex's butt may stick out.

If you are too uncomfortable to move away from her when it happens, how are you going to bring it up in conversation?? You said you both are flirty.
You are determined to make no speculation of her behavior aren't you?
No, I think in the context of accidental contact the crotch and breast area are both sexual contact zones as opposed to say elbows touching.
Just because one juts out an the other does not doesn't mean their isn't accidental contact.
I have had many occasions at work where a female colleague reached to grab a folder, pen etc from my lap when I was in a sitting position. I usually make an effort to scoot back and hand it to them with my hand instead.
To me that's an off limits area just like I wouldn't pick a bit of lint of the tip of someones boob.
I believe I said I was flirty, I think I said we are close. Bring it up in conversation would be something along the lines of asking her to step back a little.

Last edited by TalesoftheWireMonkey; 22nd April 2014 at 1:54 AM..
Old 22nd April 2014, 1:57 AM   #29
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliLove View Post
What do you mean you are working up to it?
I believe I discussed that the first time that I need to start stepping back when she does it but right now it feels too nice, I am human after all.
Old 22nd April 2014, 2:10 PM   #30
Established Member

This is a hot story, OP!

I think she is flirting with you, especially as she already mentioned someone else was crowding her personal space.

I also think that she doesn't want the culpability of initiating something, like you explained earlier.

If you really don't want to risk an affair with a married woman (and one that you work with, no less!), then you'll have to find proactive ways to detach yourself emotionally as well as physically. Yes, you do need to step away when she presses her boobs against you.

Remind yourself that if you remain 'attached' to her, then you do not have the 'space' to meet a girlfriend.

Is that what you want?

You'll need to ask yourself why you'd remain attached to her: unavailable emotionally, lack of other opportunity, laziness, fear, etc. etc. Get to the source, and weed it out.

Good luck!
ja123 is offline   Reply With Quote