LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

I really hate job interviews!

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th April 2014, 10:14 AM   #16
Established Member

I have always wondered how interviewers don't get sick of canned responses found on job interview sites and books. Seriously, they are all the same
Old 4th April 2014, 7:32 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
I have always wondered how interviewers don't get sick of canned responses found on job interview sites and books. Seriously, they are all the same
Yep. I was recently subject to behavior interview question method - that is one intended to prove strong feelings of situations. Fortunately they advised me ahead of time and I was able to get my system or response down pat and got the job.

In the past, depending on the situation I have had some minor fun turning the tables and asking some difficult or challenging questions of my interviewers especially if there is more than one of them in the room.
Old 5th April 2014, 11:44 PM   #18
Established Member

Unless it's a driving job I don't see why they would ask why you don't have your license
WP4046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2014, 3:29 PM   #19
Established Member

I had a job interview yesterday that was about an hour commute round-trip. I have a current job, though part time, but I wanted to go to the interview for this position as I'm still looking for full time work. I was hesitant to make the commute, but wanted to hear them out since it was up my alley. Well....I got there and basically I was shot down in the interview, because they "thought" what I wanted in 5 years didn't have to do with this position. I disagree, because this position had essential components that are a necessity in the marketing field. Needless to say, I was ticked off...they didn't even allow me to ask about the company or anything. I assured them that I was flexible in my career goals and that the job description would allow me to get to where I want to be in 5 years. Nope. They wanted to tell me if the position aligned with my career goals. If it didn't, I wouldn't have bothered with the interview as I'm looking for something long term. Needless to say, I emailed the recruiter and explained to them my disappointment in being shot down right then and there if they thought I was a great candidate for an in person interview, after a 30 minute commute. I suggested they do phone screens for that reason...save time for the hiring manager and applicants. She said they do phone screens "in certain cases", but felt it was appropriate to bring me in. Well, if you were that interested in pursuing me as a candidate, you wouldn't shoot me down right there in the interview over one question. I didn't understand the reason for an in-person interview either...when I basically come in to talk to the hiring manager over speakerphone.
pink_sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2014, 8:36 PM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_sugar View Post
I had a job interview yesterday that was about an hour commute round-trip. I have a current job, though part time, but I wanted to go to the interview for this position as I'm still looking for full time work. I was hesitant to make the commute, but wanted to hear them out since it was up my alley. Well....I got there and basically I was shot down in the interview, because they "thought" what I wanted in 5 years didn't have to do with this position. I disagree, because this position had essential components that are a necessity in the marketing field. Needless to say, I was ticked off...they didn't even allow me to ask about the company or anything. I assured them that I was flexible in my career goals and that the job description would allow me to get to where I want to be in 5 years. Nope. They wanted to tell me if the position aligned with my career goals. If it didn't, I wouldn't have bothered with the interview as I'm looking for something long term. Needless to say, I emailed the recruiter and explained to them my disappointment in being shot down right then and there if they thought I was a great candidate for an in person interview, after a 30 minute commute. I suggested they do phone screens for that reason...save time for the hiring manager and applicants. She said they do phone screens "in certain cases", but felt it was appropriate to bring me in. Well, if you were that interested in pursuing me as a candidate, you wouldn't shoot me down right there in the interview over one question. I didn't understand the reason for an in-person interview either...when I basically come in to talk to the hiring manager over speakerphone.
what was the position and what was your 5 year goal?
Old 10th April 2014, 1:22 AM   #21
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WP4046 View Post
what was the position and what was your 5 year goal?
Digital Content Strategist and my goal is to be in a managerial position for online marketing.
Old 10th April 2014, 1:44 AM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_sugar View Post
Digital Content Strategist and my goal is to be in a managerial position for online marketing.
yeah it sounded like it was connected to the position since marketing is involving in being a digital content strategist. Not sure what they was looking for.
Old 10th April 2014, 2:11 AM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WP4046 View Post
yeah it sounded like it was connected to the position since marketing is involving in being a digital content strategist. Not sure what they was looking for.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I was rather shocked they shot me down during the interview over that even after I explained how content and SEO is essential to online marketing and my career goals. I politely suggested in an email later that they conduct phone screens in the future. (Basically so no one's time/expenses are wasted...though I said it in a polite/professional way).