Lately everyone who I work with have been having bad days..everyone seems so down..people who lifted my spirits when I was pissed are now the ones that need theres lifted..I just don't know what to do..I get so upset because they are upset..ofcourse I don't show it because what's going on really isn't any of my business..but I just can't help it..when they are pissed I feel like I am part of the reason why and I get all upset. I don't know what to do. I want things to go back to the good old days where everyone was always in a good mood..

...I don't know why I let their moods effect me..I guess I just have a lot of compassion for these people..I wish I could do something to change it..I wish I had enough power to fix everything just so they are happy.. :love: what can I say..I love 'em..as friends of corse..I feel so helpless :(

..anybody have any ideas on what I can do..I'm a really shy person...errrr I feel like I'm the reason why they get pissed :(

• 3 weeks later...

You've got to not the moods of other people around you affect you...

Somebody once told me that to think that people are talking about you or are upset because of you is rather self centered and egotistical (no offense!). That has always got me thinking on the right path. I think like this, for example... That that person's anger is not necessarily even directed at me, and probably isn't even because of me, and I'm being egotistical to think that I'm so important that they are going to have their day changed because of me.

Now obviously, there are times when one does do something wrong, but from your post, you just sound like you're being kinda paranoid (again, no offense).

You just gotta let the moods run off your back like water. A mantra. Running off my back like water in the shower...

Originally posted by shamen

You've got to not the moods of other people around you affect you...

Somebody once told me that to think that people are talking about you or are upset because of you is rather self centered and egotistical (no offense!). That has always got me thinking on the right path. I think like this, for example... That that person's anger is not necessarily even directed at me, and probably isn't even because of me, and I'm being egotistical to think that I'm so important that they are going to have their day changed because of me.

Now obviously, there are times when one does do something wrong, but from your post, you just sound like you're being kinda paranoid (again, no offense).

You just gotta let the moods run off your back like water. A mantra. Running off my back like water in the shower...

alright man, you go do your "new age hippie" rationalizations and remedies.

back to passion's question. you either leave that workplace or try to ignore/deal the situation.

*Passion*:

You said that everyone has been having bad days "lately." You say that they are the ones who "used to" be the ones to lift you up. It sounds to me like the work environment is the common denominator. Has something happened lately within your work area? Have people been moved around? Have some left and others taken up the slack? Has there been changes in wages or benefits? Any number of things can contribute to employee moral.

Like you, I would feel uncomfortable coming right out and asking what is bothering a person. Do you have someone there that you are especially friendly toward? Someone who you can ask about rumors and bounce ideas off? Someone who might be able to give you some insight into what is going on?

I think the first thing that I would do is just send someone a small recognition thingy. Just a little smilie on a sticky note can be all that it takes to put a smile on someone's face. Or find a nice poem, motivational saying, or a CUTE (not offensive) joke to share with others. And maybe it would be more fun not to let them know who did it. All they need to know is that someone notices them.

We all need a pat on the back from time to time and/or an Atta Girl or Atta Boy.

Lil Honey