LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Contract or perm?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Old 27th March 2014, 12:07 AM   #1
Established Member

Contract or perm?

So I recently accepted a part time position within my field of work, started the other day and it so happens I got another offer today from a previous interview I had a few weeks ago. They originally hired someone else a few weeks back and I got the usual thanks but no thanks email, but the temp agency got back to me today saying that it turns out that it didn't work out for their client and that their client would like to offer me the position instead. I'm wondering if the previous person either declined, quit or got fired from the position. It does pay better and all, but I'm hesitant to leave a permanent job for a contract position that is 6 months with possible extension, especially since I started working for this company 2 days ago. I'm really enjoying it, though part time, I would hate to leave them high and dry as I feel they could be a good reference source later on. I will also be doing some independent contract work as a second position, so I really only want to consider leaving these positions when a permanent full time offer is made.
pink_sugar is offline   Reply With Quote