LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Employment gaps

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2014, 11:54 PM   #46
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_sugar View Post
I got called for an interview for a position I found on craigslist. It was an ad for a marketing manager and marketing coordinator. However, when I get to the website when applying, they only had a "proctor" option to select...even though the marketing positions were advertised in my area. After reviewing the site prior to my interview, I find out the proctor position is part time and only $8-9 an hour starting. Yikes. I called to find out and verify if that was the only position open at that location and it was. Thankfully the guy let me know after I called him. I really didn't want to drive 12 miles out for such a low paying job. I am already working part time...and it would be a b!tch to commute that far from my current job for that pay rate. I respectfully declined and no one's time was wasted. I think he was confused since I selected the proctor position...but it shouldn't be a surprise when the marketing positions that were only at the other locations were advertised at that location.
I understand because I feel like I want another increase in my salary since I spend $98 a month on transportation lol
WP4046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 12:05 AM   #47
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WP4046 View Post
I understand because I feel like I want another increase in my salary since I spend $98 a month on transportation lol
Exactly. In this case, I would probably would be paid enough just to cover transportation there and back. Especially since this position was unrelated to my long term goals. I do some independent contract work on the side for $10 an hour as it's remote and doesn't require daily transportation expense....but 12 miles away for minimum wage, no thanks.
pink_sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 12:11 AM   #48
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_sugar View Post
Exactly. In this case, I would probably would be paid enough just to cover transportation there and back. Especially since this position was unrelated to my long term goals. I do some independent contract work on the side for $10 an hour as it's remote and doesn't require daily transportation expense....but 12 miles away for minimum wage, no thanks.
I would not mind a part-time job but all I see is jobs offering 20 to 25 hours. I need a job offering 10 LOL
Old 15th April 2014, 1:31 AM   #49
Established Member

Yeah, I work 20 hours at my regular job and about 10-15 for my contract job.
pink_sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 8:22 PM   #50
Established Member

Yeah the commute is huge when considering part time work. I have a part time temp job that is 15 hours a week and it is half way between my day job and home. How great is that? No extra commute costs and it pays above minimum wage. I might actually be sad when it ends in a month or so.
Old 15th April 2014, 8:58 PM   #51
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSmurf View Post
Yeah the commute is huge when considering part time work. I have a part time temp job that is 15 hours a week and it is half way between my day job and home. How great is that? No extra commute costs and it pays above minimum wage. I might actually be sad when it ends in a month or so.

For part-time my commute needs to be 15-20 mins away from home. That's what I am seeking now