Just failed my third interview

I am feeling the lowest I ever felt.

I got layed off from a job 6 months ago and have been unable to find anything else. Money is running low and I am teriffied of the future.

The bad part is that I don't feel I said anything wrong during the interviews (they were for different companies). Very soon after the beginning of the interview, it became very clear that the job is not the right match in terms of my skills and experience.

I am very disheartened and feel like my gap of unemployment is growing by the day. I cry over this all the time :(

I feel like just giving up and becoming homeless because I can't face the disappointments any longer.

• Like 1
UpwardForward

Have you tried the temp jobs? You can get good jobs that way, and if they like you they keep you. No testing or interviews excepting for an employment agency.

Assuming you're female? If you're male, I have more info for you.

Oh OP, I feel you, especially today. *hugs* I was laid off 2.5 months ago and recently relocated to a less expensive area, because my husband and I were really struggling in an insanely expensive area for many years. My job loss prompted me to get out while we could and he transferred his job. Unfortunately the transportation industry is up and down so he is only working one or two days a week. We're also having to live with family and are really struggling...having to get on financial assistance. It's horrible and though I have at least one or two interviews each week, I am already discouraged and scared for the future. I have a tooth problem that I cannot even make payments on. Have you only had 3 interviews in the last 6 months? You may want to consider volunteering or accepting even a lower wage job to help make ends meet until you find something better. Hang in there, it can take many interviews before you land a job. It may not be anything you did wrong at all, there is just more people than there are jobs. Consider just taking any job for now...I know it sucks and feels demeaning, but you need the cash.

• Like 1

Temp jobs have deemed useless for my husband and I. For me it's mostly because they don't often have clients with positions I am looking for. My husband is pissed because the temp agency he signed up for didn't think his skills were good enough and basically said they couldn't do a thing for him.

OP unemployment takes a toll on everybody. You are not alone. Do not give up.

There are support groups designed to help you through the emotional aspects of this. You can network with others. You can get leads on jobs. You can practice interviewing.

You didn't fail at this last interview. It just wasn't the job for you; you said it yourself -- it wasn't your skill set.

Hang in there.

• Like 2

I feel for you!

I just had my 2nd interview rejection in about a week. I feel like I'll never get a job again...

But I'm sure things will soon look up for you (and hopefully for me as well)!

• Like 2
VeronicaRoss

This really isn't about you.

The reason people are chosen is so RANDOM. Don't take it personally! I've seen everything from 'she went to my school' to 'that one job from five years ago makes her perfect' (?). Especially in this economy. You just can't take this personally, it's you and so many others in the same predicament, a lot of industries disappear for goodness sake and good people have to figure out whole new paths.

I don't believe in magic fairy dust. Things can happen miraculously but it's best to 1) trust yourself that you can take care of yourself regardless and 2) understand that this too shall pass. Read 'Norman Vincent Peale' stories and other stories of people getting through tough times for encouragement and company. If you were employable before, you're employable! I always tell myself my ancestors were the ones that survived everything, that's why I'm here. So I must have it in me to get through this ok.

I say plan for the worst case scenario so you can just deal with that and then focus on getting some income. I have my emergency bounce plan, e.g., if I lose everything what will I do and where do I go? Whose couch can I surf on? How would I sell my things fast? What do I absolutely need? Who could I store some stuff at? We even have a small travel trailer that for me is 'almost worst case scenario'. That gives me courage.

• Like 2
UpwardForward
Temp jobs have deemed useless for my husband and I. For me it's mostly because they don't often have clients with positions I am looking for. My husband is pissed because the temp agency he signed up for didn't think his skills were good enough and basically said they couldn't do a thing for him.

For men, I understand they're doing a lot of hiring in North Dakota and Texas.

An employer called in the other day from Tyler Texas saying for clean up (oil industry) it's $20./hr. 40 hrs a week w guaranteed overtime additional 46 hrs a week ($30./hr). Two weeks on, two weeks off. But with option to work on time off as well.

Also stressed plenty of opportunity for one to work their way up.

Edited by UpwardForward
regine_phalange
I am feeling the lowest I ever felt.

I got layed off from a job 6 months ago and have been unable to find anything else. Money is running low and I am teriffied of the future.

The bad part is that I don't feel I said anything wrong during the interviews (they were for different companies). Very soon after the beginning of the interview, it became very clear that the job is not the right match in terms of my skills and experience.

I am very disheartened and feel like my gap of unemployment is growing by the day. I cry over this all the time :(

I feel like just giving up and becoming homeless because I can't face the disappointments any longer.

Hey :( Im sorry for what you are going through. Don't give up. Work as a sales assistant if necessary, until you find something better.

looks like the temp jobs will be the only option now that there are no more unemployment extensions

• Like 1