I told about my life...

Iaminnocentgul

Hi. I joined my office as married. But after certain months I was divorced. To avoid people asking about my family and husband and/or advising me for the same, I told them the truth that I am divorced and my story. I assumed that after listening from me what happened they will not gossip around or make unnecessary stories about me. Recently, one of my friend told that few guys in office, during my absence, came to her and asked about what happened in my life. They were asking details about my ex and past life with her, because she is my good friend. I am furious about this now.

You have to be careful in a work situation. It's very hard to prevent gossip but you only need to tell them you were married & now you're not. It's really none of their business. Stay away from the details of why.

• Like 2
Hi. I joined my office as married. But after certain months I was divorced. To avoid people asking about my family and husband and/or advising me for the same, I told them the truth that I am divorced and my story. I assumed that after listening from me what happened they will not gossip around or make unnecessary stories about me. Recently, one of my friend told that few guys in office, during my absence, came to her and asked about what happened in my life. They were asking details about my ex and past life with her, because she is my good friend. I am furious about this now.
I don't understand what's the problem. I think you are more worried about men asking about your ex than gossips. It's normal in a work place to know a little about your co-worker. Telling a colleague that so and so got divorce is not gossip. Now, telling stories about him doing the secretary in the back room, yeah, that's gossips.