Overwhelming co-worker

JenniferTucker

Hi all!

I've been employed at the same company for many years. My first years at the company were amazing. The people were great and our team was a productive unit. We went on like this for a few years until the company was taken over by an bigger organization. Layoffs occurred and a lot of good people were gone. The initial intention was that the people who were left would see the department through its close as it was absorbed by the buy out company. For variouse reasons this never happened and we are still employed a decade later. The team that is left is toxic! There is my manager, my co-worker and myself. It has been insane working conditions. My co-worker has tried getting myself and my manager fired, has gossiped, bullied and played mind games all these years and continues to do so till this day. My manager is just as afraid of her as Iam and I'm starting to feel some very negative effects in my own personal thoughts about her. Will she always be perceived as the shining star or will her true colors emerge to other people?

If I were in your position, I would go to upper management with your manager and file a joint complaint against her. Your manager is her boss, right? Why should your manager be afraid when he/she has the power to fire her?

• Like 3

Her true colors are already blinding the work environment. Try to hang in there, the days are numbered for some employees.

• Author
JenniferTucker

Thank you both for your replies. I should have spoken to someone in HR years ago. My manager has played mind games with me as well and I should have sought outside guidance. I taught them how to treat me and operating on fear has only hurt myself! The co-worker who I fear has been a bully and manipulator the whole time I've known her and I'm definately not the only one who has experienced this situation. I'm going to keep working at not feeling so bitter inside. I'm only adding stress to myself that I can manage a lot better!