my boss treats me different. .

I'm an afterschool instructor at an elementary school.

There are three other teachers.

When my boss needs to tell me something (someone had an early dismissal, someone needs this or that, I need to tell the kids something, etc.) A lot of the time He will tell one of the other teachers to tell me.

When giving responsibilities he will give them to the others and not give me anything.

One time a paper I turned in got lost and he asked one of the other teachers about it.

Yesterday we were introducing a new behavior system that I thought up. I told the others id tell the kids about it (since its my system I thought up..) and he gathered the kids and told them the other teacher was going to explain it to them.

I don't get it. ..

Is there any reason he would have a problem understanding you when you speak? I mean, do you have an accent or something he thinks he or others can't easily get? Or are you extreme one way or other, either shy and or extremely talkative so he doesn't like to approach you? Do you ask him for things when you talk to him, so that he might want to avoid you because you ask for favors? Are you further down the totem pole so that he doesn't feel he needs to communicate with you directly but should communicate to the level above you? If you had to guess, why do you think it would be, in five words or less?

devilish innocent

I'm shy too, and things like that sometimes happen to me as well. It's usually a sign that the other person has their own insecurities, whether they do a good job of hiding it or not. They're more comfortable talking to people who have an easier time being friendly. If the other teachers have been there longer than you have, that might be another reason why he's more comfortable talking to them.

All you can do is keep making an effort to build a connection with him. Make sure you say hi when you see him. Take advantage of any opportunities you have to ask him questions about work. Look for appropriate times to make small talk or ask how him he's doing. Hopefully, he'll get more comfortable speaking to you over time.

When someone is shy is can sometimes come off as hostile or cool and aloof and not everyone likes or is comfy with that. It can be awkward talking to shy people for some people. They don't know what's going on in your head. Why not try an experiment for awhile and just give a big smile and a casual hi every time you see this guy and see if he comes round more.

Your boss could be misinterpreting your shyness in a number of ways, ways which may not be true. The best way to find out what is going on is to ask- and clarify what you're willing to do.

The best way to receive more responsibility or attention is to ask for it.

Your boss may be misreading your shyness as unwillingness to take on more of a leadership role.