Negotiation and networking

This isn't a question. I just did something that I am extremely proud of. I have worked very hard for a Finance company while I finished my PhD. This is on my career path and I am doing things and owning this job as though I have been here for years. I found out from one of the seniors that my boss is going to offer me a junior position after I get my degree. I was so disappointed because that really won't be a promotion or a raise for me since I climbed the corporate ladder pretty quick. I decided to see what else is out there. I put together my portfolio and resume and set up interviews with all of my networking skills. In each and everyone of them I was offered a starting senior position with a raise and all the perks. I went to my boss and explained that my options are better on the outside of this firm which doesn't offer me the growth in the industry that I deserve. He loved my moxie, told me he was glad I came to him before taking any of the other jobs and offered me more money, better vacation plan and benefits. I am thrilled because I really love the boss I work for and all the people at my firm.woot woot. So happy. :love:

• Like 4

Good girl. My view is that you make your reality through smarts and hard work. You used your brain and changed the mind of your boss. So many people settle for less than they deserve because they don't ask for it or work for it.

Very proud of you,

Grumps