Now I'm glad I didn't take that job!

HokeyReligions

I had a job offer a while back but I was really undecided about it because of the dress code and distance. It was also just a bad feeling about the job. Now I know why. They have completely restructured and eliminated the position! That's two jobs in a short time that have been eliminated. One was due to a merger and this to restructuring. I've been laid off for those two reasons.

It's summer and there are not a lot of jobs now but I hope that now that school has started and the last quarter approaches that there will be an upsurge in the job market. My contract position is winding down and I don't have another project to go to after this.

I get several job offers a month --- for salaries so far below what I was making that it would be pointless to take them----I would still lose my house.

I'm just getting nervous again. Just this feeling of impending doom hanging over my head. I'm too old for this crap anymore.

• Author
HokeyReligions
Originally posted by quankanne

Any luck looking into the Aetna thing in Sugarland?

They really don't have anything that I'm suited for, and I don't want to sound like a snob--but they don't pay enough! Or rather, because I have no history or experience in the field I would have to start at an entry-level job and THAT is what doesn't pay enough.

It would be different if I had an income-generating husband. :mad: (okay, so resentment is starting again)

It possible that they restructured simply because they didn't have someone to fill the position. But yes, seeing as you're be the new gal in town, you'd be the first to go if there were any cutbacks.