would you waste two years ????

Hey there guys iam 17 years old this year I've an option of :

1. Studying Law Degree (4 years) in university (have the required subjects from high school)

Or

2. Study a bridging course of maths , physics and biology for 2 years (these are the subjects that I didn't do in high school) and after 2 years start studying for medicine (7 years)

I really would like to be a doctor that's the only job I see myself doing. I LOVE things related to health issues as I was in the hospital for 1month which made me more interested.

Now would any of you guys in my position consider wasting 2 years for a bridging course ??? And another 7 years of becoming a doctor ??? 7 years is exhausting on its own.

DorkBreakfast

If you have a passion for health care, then go for that. I would go work somewhere health related to see if you really do enjoy it. But realize that becoming a doctor is a lot more than just medical school. You have to decide what are you want to go into and be 100% certain. Any way you look at it, you should either go all in or don't do it all.

• Like 1

I agree with the above poster. If you want to spend less years in school, you can also consider being a registered nurse or nurse practitioner. They make pretty decent money and don't require too much schooling.

It's not a waste of two years if you need the knowledge to do your job. If you want to be a doctor, you have to be willing to do the work.

Hey there guys iam 17 years old this year I've an option of :

1. Studying Law Degree (4 years) in university (have the required subjects from high school)

Or

2. Study a bridging course of maths , physics and biology for 2 years (these are the subjects that I didn't do in high school) and after 2 years start studying for medicine (7 years)

I really would like to be a doctor that's the only job I see myself doing. I LOVE things related to health issues as I was in the hospital for 1month which made me more interested.

Now would any of you guys in my position consider wasting 2 years for a bridging course ??? And another 7 years of becoming a doctor ??? 7 years is exhausting on its own.

If the bolded is true, then you should be a doctor. Why would you want to study law if you don't want to be a lawyer? That makes no sense.

• Author
If the bolded is true, then you should be a doctor. Why would you want to study law if you don't want to be a lawyer? That makes no sense.

Money and less years in school

Money and less years in school

Well, I think you're a mistaken so you may want to look into it further and get more accurate information.

Going to an university for 4 years will not make you a lawyer. It's actually a pre-law program meant to prepare you for law school. At the end, you will receive a bachelor's degree, but you will not be allowed to practice law. In most ways, it's no different than getting a degree in Economics or English Lit.

After this, you will still have to go to law school for 3 years and earn a Juris Doctor. Only then will you be allowed to practice law.

So, as you see... one way or another, it ends up being 7 years. Go for the medical doctor option since that's what appeals to you most.