Unrequited love

LoveObsessions

:love: Keeps on happening to me. I'm afraid to give him up, but I won't make a move. I found two possible explanations on Google: 1. Chemical (I'm so depressed ever since I've realized I'd never have him, but letting go I'm afraid it would be worse. What if this time he comes to me and tells me he wants me too?) What if he doesn't? It could go for years and maybe he did like me, I'm not sure. I have avoided him purposedly and my conscience is ok with that but I feel really bad.

2. Personality disorders like avoidant: I'm incredibly shy. I avoided any intimacy, but he is a MM, so it was wrong.

I need to break the pattern. I think maybe not one of them, but the other guys may have dated me if I'd been frendlier. :love:

HELP.

Maybe you feel comfortable obsessing over him because you are the "avoidant" type. After all, he is married. You may feel safer "admiring him from a far" so to speak. Since you feel depressed and suspect you have a personality disorder, perhaps it would be a good idea to seek out a counselor. Also keep in mind that becoming involved with a married man will put you on even more of an emotional roller coaster. I would suggest NOT pursuing him. Good luck

• Author
LoveObsessions
:) That's easier said than done. I could go for it if he wasn't unavailable. My problem is letting go and therapy doesn't make that any easier. Been there, done that. Therapy -the only type I would be willing to have- doesn't give quick results. And no one seems to get it. It's almost like for not going for a man thatw as unavailable -but hid it- I'm suffering in hell. Makes no sense, why should I be punished on top of it. When I decided I wouldn't go after him, why didn't the feeling die off? :(

Avoid him completely - that's the only way. The pattern exists because it's constantly being reinforced. Take away the reinforcement, and the pattern will dissolve in time.