makinpennies

I'm a frequenter here on the board...but for the sake of anyone else logging on and seeing this, I choose to not disclose my identity.

Feel free to let everyone know what you do and how much you get paid to do it...and if it's that personal, log in under a different name like I did. I just wanna know what professions make what...

I'm a billing manager in doctor's office and make $16.00 an hour.

....we don't have to get into bennies and all those added extras.

cinnamonstix49

I'm a babysitter... I watch 2 kids, a 6 month old boy and a 21 month old girl. I make $5 an hour + $10 a day for gas.

I retired years ago. Social security doesn't cut a large check like you think. My salary sucks then, eh? I remember working in the egg factory for 53 cents per hour. That was when sexual harrasment was a benefit.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if I'm "unemployed" or a "vagrant". (My wife insists I'm "self-employed".) Since being fired 18 months ago, I've subsisted on welfare, handouts, pick-up jobs and what she brings in giving piano lessons to elementary school kids. Altogether we brought in about $24,000 in the last year.

(The pick-up jobs included some household electrical, yardwork, plumbing, phonebook delivery, making advertising novelties, electronic circuit design and microcontroller code development - I can't think of a title that succinctly encompasses all that.)

I will occasionally do computer work for people at a rate of $15 an hour or more, depending on the type of work desired. Provided that I can find enough work, I am able to make a decent amount of money.

My "real" job is working in a liquor store.

I do background work in movies and TV and also work at Target part time and how much I make is nobody's damn business.

I'm a student going into my last year of high school and between studying for the AP classes I take, helping out around the house (and farm) and my social life (lol yeah right) I don't really have time for a job. Sometimes my parents give me an allowance, so I guess I'm a moocher for now:(. But after I high school I plan to work as a computer tech while in college. I don't really know how much they make, though.

Originally posted by honey2005

I'm a student going into my last year of high school and between studying for the AP classes I take, helping out around the house (and farm) and my social life (lol yeah right) I don't really have time for a job. Sometimes my parents give me an allowance, so I guess I'm a moocher for now:(. But after I high school I plan to work as a computer tech while in college. I don't really know how much they make, though.

(Using my best Parent-to-Teenager voice): It doesn't sound like you're a moocher. As long as my kids got respectable grades in "real" classes we made sure they had decent clothes, all the school supplies they needed, and covered their basic participation in school events, Scouts, athletics, Church group, etc. We even covered the car insurance when that came up, though they were never the first in their crowd to get drivers' licenses. Some things were negotiated - like, since the clothing budget was limited, they could have the over-priced shoes only if they'd settle for thrift-store jeans.

This was because we DIDN'T WANT THEM to have typical teenage jobs. Each of them, though, has gone out and found ways to fund their "wants": yardwork, petcare, babysitting, and special projects for small-businesspeople they knew through church or Scouts. That way they avoided the demands, conflicts and time-pressures of their peers who clerked in discount stores or pizza joints.

Stay with your schoolwork first - and look around for situations where you can put a little jingle in your jeans on YOUR terms and YOUR schedule.

I'm a software developer whoring out my mind to an ungrateful boss. Since I don't get paid in US$ it's pointless to tell you how much I earn :laugh:

P.S - Next time you see an outdoor LED Video screen with adverts on it, chances are it's my software delivering the media to your baby blues.

I'm an office administrator, I don't do anything. Today my big project was to change the toner in the color printer. I was so excited to have something to do, I saved it up all day long and just completed my major task.

It's humiliating if I let the copier run out of paper.

I make $13/hr. I wonder how long I'll last here with no mental stimulation?

• 1 month later...
Midnight Magic

I am the Administrator for a transportation and training association.

There are many perks to my job.

I get to attend meetings and conferences out of town, all expense paid, hotel, meals, and mileage paid.

We have many social functions which saves on me having to buy groceries at home.

We have a group health plan at work, all my meds, and dental appts are free.

I have a life insurance policy and can have a massage every week if I want for free.

The people I work with are great. It is not like an office, it is more on friendly terms.

There are many times during the day when I have nothing to do, this is where I am at work right now.

We have coffee breaks whenever we want, and can leave the office when we have errands. Any appointments related to medical reasons, we get paid for.

I get four weeks paid vacation each year. I take the time, or I can bank the money and take it out whenever I want to. I get sick days one per month, but I rarely ever use them, in four years I have taken three days off and that was to attend funerals.

What can I say, I really and truly love my job.

My salary is $ 35,000 per year.

I am a student, but I also work at a law firm here in downtown as a legal assistant, it's more for the experience than for the money. I work 5 hours, but I do a loooooooooot of work. My yearly income is $25,000, not even near what I hope to make once I'm out of college ;)

I get paid $11 an hr to type on LS

Soon I will be making salary plus commission to - you guessed it- type on LS

About once a month I get an all expenses pd trip to another state- do real work for 3 hrs a day- gone for about 3-5dys- and spend the rest of the time hanging out and eating on the company cc. If we can afford the airline ticket or the place is close enough to drive- my BF can come too.

So- nanny nanny boo boo :p

I LOOOOOVE my job :love::D

Sorry for the smugness- I just haven't been this happy w/a job since I worked in my Godmother's video store in high school. :o:bunny:

Technically my position is Vice President. BUT, my business card colors me a technical representative. I sit on my butt and type on LS all day too......generate a few contract orders, make a few phone calls, the accountant pays all my personal bills plus I draw some every month. I'd say how much.....but I don't want to make anyone mad at me.

I'll give you guys a clue. I'm the billing & insurance manager for a doctor's office. Are you with me? :)

I get my lunch paid every day that the office has lunch together (twice a week) by the doctor. My insurance premium is payed IN FULL. College tuition paid IN FULL + books. I lurve my job. I've been with the doc for 5 1/2 years or so. No 401k.

Nocturnalkitee
That was when sexual harrasment was a benefit.

Crabbyhag,

That was funny to me. I actually laughed out loud!!!

Nocturnalkitee
If we can afford the airline ticket or the place is close enough to drive- my BF can come too.

I LOOOOOVE my job :love::D

- I just haven't been this happystore in high :bunny:

Fayebelle,

I'm Happy for you!!!!!

I'm a Surgical Assistant and make enough to take care of me and my wee peeps;)

I'm 24. I just graduated from law school and am now working as a lawyer in a large corporate firm. My starting salary is $60,000. I expect to double this within the next 6 years when I become a senior associate.

This is a good salary for anyone to be on, but I do get sick of having to justify it. I slaved my ass off for 6 years at college working minimum wage jobs while studying. I now work an average of 75 hours a week on challenging tasks every day - so I honestly think that my pay is less than what I am worth. I have certainly billed out more than what I earn to clients already.

If I had known my work would become my life, I would never have begun this career path.

Originally posted by JennyJoo

I'm 24. I just graduated from law school and am now working as a lawyer in a large corporate firm. My starting salary is $60,000. I expect to double this within the next 6 years when I become a senior associate.

This is a good salary for anyone to be on, but I do get sick of having to justify it. I slaved my ass off for 6 years at college working minimum wage jobs while studying. I now work an average of 75 hours a week on challenging tasks every day - so I honestly think that my pay is less than what I am worth. I have certainly billed out more than what I earn to clients already.

If I had known my work would become my life, I would never have begun this career path.

In the long run it will be worth it. I am going to school to become an attorney, but I still have about 4 years left. I work with an attorney at the moment to gain experience. The attorney that I work for works by himself and let me tell you he makes the BIG BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course that right now it's hard for you to make that type of money because you just graduated, but once you have a few years I'm sure you will get what you deserve :)

Sundaymorning

In may when I graduate, and then a year later after i finish grad school, I will be making about 37,000 as an elementary teacher...