Coworkers touch each other at work

Yeah I don't know how to deal with this since it does not happen on the workfloor. It happens in the break room. But I still get stuck being witness to it and it makes me feel uncomfortable.

There are a few coworkers who like to give each other massages in the lunchroom. I think this is inappropriate and unprofessional, not to mention weird. In the summer I can go outside and ignore it during my break. Now the weather is getting cooler so it's harder for me to avoid. Should I say something? Or should I just accept the fact that people have no ****ing boundaries at this company and get the hell out of here?

• Author

actually it's not just the massaging. I feel they don't have boundaries in general. One girl talks openly about being in bed with her boyfriend. There is another who plays with people's hair while we are working. Just stuff like that. Maybe I can't say anything. Maybe it is the wrong work environment for me. It doesn't seem professional.

They are people. Not robots. If you are expecting a Victorian sense of decorum then you might need to work for yourself and alone.

Any job will have "lapses" in professionalism since strict professionalism is too formal for people to follow especially after they have known each other for awhile.

I don't see a problem with it as long as both parties are comfy with it. It's not like they're feeling each other up or having sex.

I have a few co-workers that I hug on a regular basis, one smacks my ass (at work, we won't talk about going out! LOL), several I am touchy feely with. I have some very close friends at work and I'm very affectionate with my friends. If one of the ones that I wasn't comfy with did it, I'd smack them. LOL (The above mentioned are all straight women, ftr, except one and it's all purely innocent friendship stuff.)

• Author

You're right, it could be much worse. I could be stuck watching people smacking each other's asses.

Edited by SpiralOut
You're right, it could be much worse. I could be stuck watching people smacking each other's asses.

That's when you break out your fraternity paddle and show them how to smack an ass.

Smacking asses can be pretty fun like in this clip.

Yeah I don't know how to deal with this since it does not happen on the workfloor. It happens in the break room. But I still get stuck being witness to it and it makes me feel uncomfortable.

There are a few coworkers who like to give each other massages in the lunchroom. I think this is inappropriate and unprofessional, not to mention weird. In the summer I can go outside and ignore it during my break. Now the weather is getting cooler so it's harder for me to avoid. Should I say something? Or should I just accept the fact that people have no ****ing boundaries at this company and get the hell out of here?

My advice for you is to realize that this does not have to bother you. This is really only in your head.

If you were the CEO or shareholder of the company, then you can define the culture of the company.

If your values are so much different, that it's very uncomfortable, then YES, leave the company.

I get what the OP is expressing.

It is not tolerated in my work place...

(unless you are the owner and have your little "side dish" that you play with ),

If an employee in the USA there are certain things that cross the line of Federal rulings on sexual harrassment...read the poster, you'd be amazed to find whats on there that folks simply scoff at. Its rather serious when one is subjected to it.

Are they married or single? My married female friend at work is very touchy feely, likes to smile at me and rub my elbow/shoulders. I find it comforting, especially when everyone else at work are such a$$#0!3s. (Married women are more physical in general to me, why is that? I dunno, but it's good.) She is a person who makes coming to work worthwhile, and I try to do the same even though I'm much more uptight than she is.

Point is, if there is a friendly camaraderie at work, I strongly recommend you appreciate and enjoy it. If your coworkers make you uncomfortable, by all means, send resumes and leave.

lionoftheforum

Who cares?

Professionalism in the strictest sense only takes place at prestigious firms occupied by the best. The best don’t have time for this behavior. They are work-a-holics and political to the point that they wouldn’t take a chance at tarnishing their image.

The rest of us will have to deal with humans acting like humans. That includes witnessing things we would rather not see, including unpolished behavior. You’re in a public space; others are present and they don’t care what you think.

Edited by lionoftheforum

I screwed a co-worker of mine last Saturday so yeah, it could be much worse :laugh:

• Like 1