Managing large-scale data linkage projects with no experience

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: It sounds like this requires two separate skillsets... project management, and technical expertise. You may be able to pick one up on-the-go if you have the right team, but both? Heck no. You should be highly proficient in at least one of those two things before you consider tackling it.

I am an IT project manager who started out as a technical resource, then eventually learned project manager skills. When I started out, my only saving grace was that I knew the technology very well... which made up for my complete lack of project management skills.

Just my 2 cents.

-A

Scenario: Have some skilled managers throw typical issues at you and examine how you process them. That will indicate if you're a quick study or more lengthly training is involved.

In my industry, this is where having a mentor can be helpful. Different discipline (business management) but same essential issues regarding learning. Each of us is different in how our skillsets apply and how quickly we learn. Good luck.

Is this something that can be learned quickly?

Anyone on here did it?

I came in here just to see if you were my coworker. :laugh:

What program(s) will you be using? What is your overall experience and comfort level with those programs?