Odd experience with my supervisor when I ran into her in public

Last week I was on my way to work and stopped in Dunkin Donuts and when I was in line I noticed my supervisor standing next to me. So I tapped her and she turned around and spoke to me. So she received her order before mines and walked out the store????

I expected her to wait for me since we talk and laugh with each other all the time for the past 10 months. Either she is in my office or I am in her office and have been working so well together since last year. So I wonder why she would just walk out the store?

Anyone think I making too much out of this? I just think this was kind of odd since we were both on our way to work.

• Author
Well since you didn't ride together she wanted to head on to work?

You have a crush on her or something?

No, she is a lot older than me I just found it odd that since we were 5 mins away in walking distance from the job why she didn't wait so we could walk together.

• Author
Maybe she was in a hurry. It's not like she ignored you completely. THAT would have been weird.

Yeah she didn't ignore me, I tap her and she spoke and smiled and then when I noticed she was gone I was like........"HUH???

• Author
Reading too much into it, I'd do the same. I'm not too social with coworkers outside of work.

Well it was confusing since we always socialize on the job

Onward_Upward

Perhaps she was running late... Had an appointment, or a meeting... Perhaps she was dead tired, and was in "robot" mode...

When you finally got to work was she fine? ... Like nothing was out of the ordinary? If so, then I wouldn't worry at all.

Bottom line: Don't sweat the small things, my friend ;)

• Like 2
  • Author
Perhaps she was running late... Had an appointment, or a meeting... Perhaps she was dead tired, and was in "robot" mode...

When you finally got to work was she fine? ... Like nothing was out of the ordinary? If so, then I wouldn't worry at all.

Bottom line: Don't sweat the small things, my friend ;)

We both looked at each other and laughed because we arrived at our offices at the same time. So nothing was out of the ordinary

No, she is a lot older than me I just found it odd that since we were 5 mins away in walking distance from the job why she didn't wait so we could walk together.

I'd say it's because she didn't want you both turning up to work together in case people got the wrong idea.

• Author
I'd say it's because she didn't want you both turning up to work together in case people got the wrong idea.

Well anyone who would think that is crazy since she is married and old enough to be my mother lol

Well anyone who would think that is crazy since she is married and old enough to be my mother lol

Well perhaps because of this she doesn't have too much to say to you outside of a work environment for a whole walk to work?? A quick heya in the doughnut shop and work relations is enough.

There is no need for more. Don't take it personally.

• Author
Well perhaps because of this she doesn't have too much to say to you outside of a work environment for a whole walk to work?? A quick heya in the doughnut shop and work relations is enough.

There is no need for more. Don't take it personally.

I just figured when you know about someone's family life and have their cell phone and home number, they wait for you in the donut shop.

But oh well lol