Understanding women in the workplace

Ok ladies I need your considered opinion on some matters. I work in an office that is dominated by females. Not many males at all. I have been where I am for 5 years. In that time I have never dated any of the female workers, but have fallen for maybe 3 over the time period I have worked there even though i was involved with someone else in outside of work at the time.. I am a single man now, a typical male who has no idea when a female may be interested in me and need a little help. None of the women where i work to my mind have shown any indication of interest up until recently.

The first one is this chick, she's mid 20's, I'm 32. She started working there over a year ago, however I did not even know she existed up until recently. Over the last 6 - 5 months i kept catching her looking at me, at first i thought nothing of it, i actually think she is a major snob because she never ever talks to me, however i still catch her looking at me. Sometimes it is blatent, i catch her looking me up and down, it kinda weirds me out sometimes cause I dont know if she is judging on me or just checking me out. I have tried to chat to this girl, however she doesn't talk all that much, i think she may be a bit shy and quite. I started feeling an attraction to her only to find out she has had a boyfriend for over 1 year. Long story short, why would she be looking at me all the time if she has a boyfriend? Maybe she thinks I am weird?

The second lady I want to talk about, she is a lot older than me. Late 40's I would say, she has only been working there for a few months. I always find we lock eyes and just stare at eachother. I have never spoken a word to this woman, I don't have any romantic feelings towards her, but i always catch her looking at me and when we lock eyes we just stare at eachother right in the eye. Not sure if she hates me lol. What do you guys think?

One word of advice to the wise (that's you, if you follow it - and seriously, I would):

Never, ever date anyone inside your workplace.

It causes a lot of friction, is distracting, and many, many work relationships do not last - which leads to a lot of awkwardness, resentment, embarrassment and angst.

It's not unknown for people to actually be obliged to change their jobs, when situations get out of hand.

So, no advice on how to 'attract' these ladies.

Leave it be.

it's fraught with problems, hurdles and complications.

• Like 3

I disagree. I married my coworker and we now have a beautiful family, and as typically happens after a span of time, we do not work at the same place anymore.

So no particular advice, just to say that life is short. If there's something you want, go for it. The perfect girl comes once or twice a lifetime, a good job is much easier to find.

I've enjoyed similar dynamics, though apparently much more personal and flirtatious, with friend's employees and apply the same rule as if I worked there: I don't mix business with pleasure. That said, I'll definitely play the game to gain favor and to see that I'm enthusiastically paid on time. Where did I learn that? From women. They're masters of this domain. :)

HokeyReligions

I don't advocate workplace romanfe but if you do date a coworker make sure you are aware of the company's policy.

As for looking at you I would hazzard a guess its the same reason in a male dominated workplace the men will stare at the few women. You are eye-candy!:bunny: