Finding work in the US with K1 Visa

Just a general question about working in the US. I am currently in a LDR and we're wanting to close the distance in 2014. My employer in my current country may want to keep me on as a contract consultant. They will extend contracts on a 24 month period. The only issue is that I won't have benefits because our company only provides benefits in our country (Canada). I will be moving to where my fiance is as we looked at career opportunities and which would be better. He is very specialized in his field and the industry hub is where he lives. My career is very transferable and the transitions won't be difficult as most of my clients are based in the US. When we process our Visa, we will be following all the rules. I want to weigh out my options for work... I am happy that I'll have the stability of income and being able to stay on with my current employer. However, if I decide that I'd want to explore some opportunities within my field with other companies that are local, would a pending green card suffice? Would employers see that having a K1 Visa is more attractive than a temporary work visa because in a few years, I could apply for perm residents? I want to explore other opportunities because of 1) benefits and 2) the ability to work in an office. I know working from home is great, I've done that a lot in the past, but I also like the option of going into an office and learning from other colleagues as well.

Thank you!