Coworkers who constantly whine,do u know what you're doing?

Where I work I like my job,I like what I do,I'm learning new things. It seems all the older men are the worst for whining. To me if you walk around saying "I hate this job" why be here. Go get another job and don't whine to me about it coz I don't care. I find sometimes that's the only thing I feel depressed about before I head to work..

When I say get another job,they make excuses.im too old,no one will hire me blah blah blah..well then don't whine to me about your current job.

Do you have coworkers like this??what do u do to shut them up..I just don't really even respond to them anymore and they still whine

I am *that* coworker :D

...but in our place a lot of people hate the job really, not just me. It is evidenced by low staff morale, high staff turnover(of all of us who started at the store...within 6 months the MAJORITY of staff had either quit or transferred because our manager drove people so mad. From around 30, there were only 4 or 5 left), bad absence...whatever. It is that type of a job. People will not stay because it is simply rubbish(company wide I would say, not just my place). Soul destroying, demoralising work. No chance of progression unless you are very good friends with certain people or a certain sex or from a certain part of the world (don't get me started on this).

Lol, people used to wonder why I would complain about things from time to time...then THEY started to complain ;)

Getting another job...well, its not impossible but at the same time, its not that easy really. One colleague hated the job so much she quit without securing anything else. I can definitely say I am trying. I even tried within my company to move on up to the next step on the ladder...no luck :(

Hopefully this year will be the year I get something else :)

I am not "old" by the way...not even thirty so, lol, I am not a grumpy old man(!)

Don't really know what to say. Smile...? Try to find something to laugh about with colleagues? We do :D

I am that coworker during this time of year. I am a Tax Accountant so this is our worst season. All of us in our office tend to have the same comments but come summer I have the perfect job. I would hate to hate my job constantly!