Might have a job in shoe store whilst studying!

MG OMG OMGOMG OMGGGGGGGGGG

The manager of a shoe store rang me today, regarding a casual/Uni/ College job at a shoe store, that is just around the corner from where I LIVE!!!!!!!!!!

It would be PERECT for Uni!!!!!!! SHe said she is not at all phased by the fact I am at Uni, as there are not many hours available anyway!

I HAVE A GOOD FEELING.

Man, it is

She really seamed to like me from the phone interview, and wanted me to come in immediately! I go in tomorrow

WISH ME LUCK.

This is literally MY DREAM!!!!!!!!!1 To live at home in my very nice flat, attend college/uni, and to have a casual part time job, at a SHOE STORE no less! ( I seriously LOVE shoes......my god)

...I am wearing this totally awesome shoes to the interview.

Seriously! I doubt she could NOT give me a job after seeing my shoes!

LOL.

I think this is finally my time guys, I really feel it this time, I have looked hard for work, I want a job more than anything, I am great at customer service, and I have just been very unlucky in that no work has been available so far.

I want to simply study and work, I want a job SOOOOOO bad, and I think it is finally my time.

......PLEASE wish me luck, send your prayers my way, I have wanted a job for so long, and working in a SHOE shop will actually be something I enjoy a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to wear my brand new jb interview clothes, all black and white, with good quality interview plants, which are flattering, in combinatin with a white blouse, and short black blazer.

....My hair will be neat but out,

I will have my shoes and bags for the pops of colour.

I want this job sooooo bad!

I will tone my enthusiasm down when I see her of course, so as to not come across as too full on!

• Like 2
  • Author

She really seamed to like me over the phone, and I do dress very well for interviews and have new interview clothes, and the shoes I am wearing to the interview scream: I LOVE shoes....

I have ALWAYS wanted to work in a shoe store!

Here is hoping that my immaculate presentation, show stopping shoes, and the fact I genuinely have always wanted to work at a show store, will seal the deal for me!

...I hope she is not interviewing more than ten people for it.

Have you started at uni yet? Make sure you know what your lecture timetable is like so that you can tell her straight off when and how often you'll be available for work. They'll want to know that. And if they try and call you in so that you'll miss a class, just say no.

• Like 1
  • Author

I forgot about it actually.. I do not really wanna think about it too much.

You know how it is - there will probably be others interviewed, grrr...

F*ck, I just wish she realised how MUCH I need and want this job!.

I SERIOUSLY need it.

I want it more than anyone else trust me, it has been THAT long since I had a job.

Desperation is not really a good thing when establishing a relationship of any sort.

On the other hand, this is part time ... so i hope you get it, and don't be afraid to drool.

• Author

Well I am sick of being long term unemployed.

I will tone it down though, I will be polite and not talk too much and be too over eager.

I want this job more than ANYTHING though.

......You know, I HATE not being able to earn a living.

I HATE having to have my parents support me at blody 26.

I need this job more than anything, but will just go in looking the best a person can look for this type of interview, tell them I have always wanted to work in a shoe store, and then let them do the talking, and show them why I have been good at my previous work...

• Like 1

I think showing enthusiasm at the interview will be a good thing. Honestly, I don't know too many people who will be literally THRILLED at the prospect of working at a shoe store, so if you let that shine through, you're likely to get a leg up on the other applicants. People want enthusiastic salespeople because they will be interacting with customers a lot and enthusiasm is infectious.

But yes, don't be desperate, don't stalker-call the interviewer or anything. :laugh:

• Like 2
Well I am sick of being long term unemployed.

I will tone it down though, I will be polite and not talk too much and be too over eager.

I want this job more than ANYTHING though.

......You know, I HATE not being able to earn a living.

I HATE having to have my parents support me at blody 26.

I need this job more than anything, but will just go in looking the best a person can look for this type of interview, tell them I have always wanted to work in a shoe store, and then let them do the talking, and show them why I have been good at my previous work...

Yes, but i was referring to using this job as maybe a springboard for a better, future one.

Having a 'take it or leave it' attitude can help you; obviously not now, but in the future ...