Two angst work related issues

Hello all.

Some of you may remember my post on my coworker hogging all of the holidays for vacation, well I FINALLY am due for some time off this week!! (I only work Monday/Tuesday this week)

Of course last week, there are two projects at work that have a hopeful completion date while I am gone.

My boss has been pushing for me to get as much as I can get done before I leave, but it doesnt look it is going to happen. I am waiting on some other people to finish their part so I can continue.

In my sick twisted head, I fear my boss will hold this against me when I am away because she will most likely have to pick up the slack while I am away. There are other people on the team that can fill the void, but I dont know if she feels confident in them. She approved my time off with no way of knowing that these projects were gonna happen, so she might just be SOL...

One other thing - my boss also has invited me on a double date with her and her husband. I really don't want to go, because to me it seems awkward, I havent given her an answer yet and am stalling coming up with a good excuse...

Apologies, I know I am spazz case - hence my username!