LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Employer calls on a Saturday morning to schedule a interview for Monday???

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th October 2012, 7:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieT View Post
For many employers, the "poor economy" has nothing to do with it; not everyone works during banking hours and I'm not sure why you have your panties in such a bunch about it. Why aren't you thankful?

Then you would have missed the opportunity. Life is full of "what if's" and dwelling on such drivel is pointless.

And throw away an opportunity at a job because they contacted you on a Saturday? How do you spell L..A..M..E.....??????
I applied to it as a backup on 10/23 but something else came into the picture on 10/25 so now I don't have to worry about it. The job was something I really don't have a lot of experience in and only applied because my UC clock is ticking. I had no idea I would get called to come in for a interview from another job 2 days later. So the decision was already made that I wasn't going to the interview if called. I was just poking fun at how she calls on a saturday for a monday interview.
Old 27th October 2012, 7:12 PM   #17
Established Member

Sounds like you have good options and I wish you the best. It can be difficult to evaluate the atmosphere, future opportunity and such going in.
Few things are more nerve wracking than a job search. Add a down economy, election year and oh boy!
Old 27th October 2012, 7:17 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDude View Post
I applied to it as a backup on 10/23 but something else came into the picture on 10/25 so now I don't have to worry about it. The job was something I really don't have a lot of experience in and only applied because my UC clock is ticking. I had no idea I would get called to come in for a interview from another job 2 days later. So the decision was already made that I wasn't going to the interview if called. I was just poking fun at how she calls on a saturday for a monday interview.
Go to the interview anyway. The others may not come through...
Old 27th October 2012, 7:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Sounds like you have good options and I wish you the best. It can be difficult to evaluate the atmosphere, future opportunity and such going in.
Few things are more nerve wracking than a job search. Add a down economy, election year and oh boy!

The job I just had the second interview for has 0% travel which is why it's high on my list.

Not sure if that would be the case for the interview I have on Wednesday.
Old 27th October 2012, 7:28 PM   #20
Established Member

You'll be finding out!
Old 27th October 2012, 7:30 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieT View Post
Go to the interview anyway. The others may not come through...

I;m not really that qualified for that job and only applied because I was willing to take on something new because i was only interviewing with one job.

But since something else came through on 10/25 which is similar to the job I interviewed for, I don't need to take on that new challenge right now.

I did think about going to the interview anyway on Monday for a warm up before my wednesday interview but I don't want to spend the extra transportation money.
Old 27th October 2012, 7:31 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
You'll be finding out!

The second interview I had on Thursday asked for my references email address so she could email them a letter and reference form to be completed and sent back to her.

So That allows me to buy some time until my next interview on Wednesday
Old 27th October 2012, 7:36 PM   #23
Established Member

That's perfect. Then you have to wait for offers.
Old 27th October 2012, 8:52 PM   #24

Quote:
I see Employers feel they can call and schedule whenever they want since they have bought into the "POOR ECONOMY". I feel it was extremely stupid for someone to contact me on saturday to schedule a interview when they could have called on Friday or just waited until Monday.

What if I planned on leaving town this weekend and wasn't schedule to arrive back in town until Sunday Night?

Atleast when I received a call in the past on a saturday the interview was scheduled for the following wednesday. Of course I had no interest and deleted the message.
You should have just told them to screw off. You don't need the hassle.
Old 27th October 2012, 11:08 PM   #25

People acted like I was in the wrong for my interview to be set at one exact time and allow for no changes. That's something, this isn't.

You can't say "What if I wasn't around?!" I mean you've already said you needed a week for a haircut, I mean come on man.

You can only take so much time to "get ready" dude. If you don't want to work, that's fine but don't say you do and then say it's unreasonable to have a few day's notice. If they called the same day it'd be cutting it close, but if you were free why not?

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 27th October 2012 at 11:13 PM.. Reason: removed remark
Old 28th October 2012, 12:10 AM   #26
Established Member

You should feel proud that you were even considered for an interview and probably received call before others since they called you on a Saturday. Yet, for some reason you can't grasp that concept. Some how it is insulting to you - since your life is so "important". You are unemployed and you should be waiting by the phone 24/7. I really hate that UIB is provided to some people, jeez.
Old 28th October 2012, 1:09 AM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
I see Employers feel they can call and schedule whenever they want since they have bought into the "POOR ECONOMY". I feel it was extremely stupid for someone to contact me on saturday to schedule a interview when they could have called on Friday or just waited until Monday.

Why is it you are so difficult to please? I can't believe you'd make another thread about something like this. Your attitude is probably making it very difficult to get a job. It seems like anything a potential employer does you find some issue with it.
Old 28th October 2012, 10:11 AM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
I see Employers feel they can call and schedule whenever they want since they have bought into the "POOR ECONOMY".
And they can, because others are so grateful for that Saturday phone call that they show up Monday morning, ready to impress!

There are a lot of unemployed people out there, and calling on a Sat might be a good strategy to see who is truly serious about working (possibly even working Saturdays! Gasp!).

Not "buying into" the "poor economy" is an interesting strategy for an unemployed person. How's that working for you?
Old 28th October 2012, 10:22 AM   #29

Quote:

What if I planned on leaving town this weekend and wasn't schedule to arrive back in town until Sunday Night?

Atleast when I received a call in the past on a saturday the interview was scheduled for the following wednesday. Of course I had no interest and deleted the message.
wow.. don't know what your deal is, but most people don't berate opportunity when it knocks... even on a Saturday, oh my god!!
Old 28th October 2012, 11:26 AM   #30
Established Member

Quote:

Perhaps you should list your "contact rules" at the bottom of your resume. IE. I only accept calls for job interviews between 10AM- 5PM, Mon- Fri. Messages left after 4PM, will returned the following day, at my leisure. Although I let all calls go to voice mail, your company name must appear on my Caller I.D. I do not expect to be disturbed during bank holidays, Arbor Day, or Ground Hog Day. Don't bother contacting me if the position is not located within a five mile radius of my apartment. If you can't leave a detailed message explaining pay rate, reason the position has become available, and how soon the job must be filled, don't bother calling. I also require a lead time of five to seven business days between my hiring date and start date. Not that this is any of your business, but I need time to schedule a hair cut, shop for clothing, get my lucky suit dry cleaned, and take time to think about returning to work. If you can agree to all of the requirements list above, I look forward to hearing from you.